GemQ videos - Up to Dec. 2021

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ctxkid said:
GemQ said:
Definitely a great update by Minelab - Proof is in the pudding as they say. Cant wait for the 15" to arrive.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/fxjgjmQT6xI[/video]

dude dig smaller holes ........the nox pinpoints spot on :Y: YOUR holes are HUGE :awful: :awful: :awful: it's not how it's done ;)

Appreciate the feedback - the fish eye lens on the GO Pro magnifies the hole a fair bit. I use the flip-lid method at this spot which is a dog park and you wouldn't be able to see where is I was and it results in no dead spots where there is grass.

1537690621_c943ab11-69aa-48ef-b495-c66102b6c992.jpg

Have hunted with GemQ a few times

The holes look huge because of the additional big fish eye lens on the action camera to get a better images .

the holes you put your hand into are at least 3 hands wide, the camera does not change that :awful:
with this hobby become more popular everyday , and noobs watching youtube "to sharpen their skill" :8 :8 they see this and go "that's the norm "

it is great to show off ya finds , heck even i used to do it O:) but practice small plugging :Y: :power:

or these will start appearing more and more , and may i say with good reason ;)

Its not the size that matters, its the technique, as long as theyre hinged plugs, no problem. Its those that dig the circular plugs that cause all the problems and the unsightly dead-spots, doesnt matter how small it is. Do some homework, GemQ is far from irresponsible, quite the opposite.

Sitting on the fence with the upgrade, but Im being convinced :D .

Yer I've found the grass on a larger plug or flap survives much better as long as its done neat ....Also hes using the Nox so we need to dig deep holes. :Y: :playful: :perfect:

ChrisD said:
Its not the size that matters, its the technique, as long as theyre hinged plugs, no problem. Its those that dig the circular plugs that cause all the problems and the unsightly dead-spots, doesnt matter how small it is. Do some homework, GemQ is far from irresponsible, quite the opposite.

I couldn't agree more. A good detectorist will leave his digs unnoticeable as much as possible.

And in regards to the update, don't let others convince you. Convince yourself and don't let others tell you that you should or have to use it.

I myself have found no benefit from the update...It feels counter productive...Yes it still finds coins....but its different.....That is why Minelab gives us the option to roll back.

Some say they love it...so this way, it suits everyone.

Maybe an update that fixes the profile glitch would be a bit better instead. Nothing major, but still probably worth taking care of.

I think Chris means hes being convinced by the number of finds being found by updated Noxes....Or it could be the rising number of utube video showing the benefits of the update.As people get used to it you will probably see alot more....but there is always going to be devided opinions with everything...it's still going to pick out coins with or without the update...:Y: :Y:

ChrisD said:

do some home work ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D

sir i do this every single day of the year ;) in the last year i have an estimated 4-5000 holes in the ground (my local parks and gardens manager even commented on my neat and undetectable plugging when i met with him at the sporting fields) for 1800 odd coins , i am one of the loudest voices advocating neat plugging and filling in holes :Y: that you will meet :perfect:

so sir do your bloody homework :rolleyes: and figure out who you are preaching to please :mad:

In dryer clayey and shaley types of ground a disturbance will last for years but rich dark soil you can dig bigger plugs withour causing an issue, especially if the soil is a bit damp too.

Kid, I don't think talking about GemQ's technique anymore is warranted, you've made your point, let's please leave it at that.

Nice finds GemQ.

Latest posts