Hello from France

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi
My name is Laurent, I am French and I discovered gold prospecting through the TV Show "Aussie Gold Hunters".

I am here to learn more about gold prospecting, and maybe to see if it could be worth coming to Australia from France to prospect gold as it could be too a wonderful experience for discovering Australia and their inhabitants.

Hi Laurent,
I agree that show is for entertainment only and by no means a true indication of what a person can expect to find out here.

Research, research and research some more especially if intending to hit WA where that show is based. We get a hell of a lot of French folk come out every year and for some reason more so in the hotter months.
Ive lost count of how many end up needing to be rescued, bogged on salt lakes for days, lost in the scrub, roll overs in the middle of nowhere etc.
2 years ago I found one badly dehydrated wandering down a fence line totally lost.

Seriously, Id suggest doing a tour with a reputable and experienced tour outfit.

Come for the experience and adventure not for the gold, take any you find as a bonus.

Cheers and welcome to the forum.

Bonjour Laurant,

Welcome to the forum.
As mentioned already - don't believe everything you see on tv - it's not that easy to find gold here.
But I highly recommend coming for a visit to check out our lovely country.
Just don't count on finding gold while you're here, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
The true treasures you'll find here, are lots of great memories and stories to tell, spectacular scenery, and sensational photos to show your friends back home.
Do consider it for your next holiday destination.
Sinceres amities,
Megsy

FrenchConnection said:
Hi
My name is Laurent, I am French and I discovered gold prospecting through the TV Show "Aussie Gold Hunters".

I am here to learn more about gold prospecting, and maybe to see if it could be worth coming to Australia from France to prospect gold as it could be too a wonderful experience for discovering Australia and their inhabitants.

Laurent,
WARNING if you walk down this path, it will consume you, nothing else will matter. :pickshovel: :perfect: :p :power: :fire:

Welcome Laurent,i was in france last year,beautiful country,theres some great advice by the first three inhabitants above.....

Gday Frenchie, no gold left here mate, Mr and Mrs Moneybox and WestOzAdventures have found it all :pickshovel: :goldpan: :goldnugget:
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to Australia.... By all means do come over we need all the tourist dollars we can get. Don't let the the members on this site put you off. There is still plenty of gold to be found. It's a bit like dandruff, most of it has been picked up, but you will never get every bit. Ill show you this bit of gold it was found by one of the prospectors that I was with. Unfortunately not by me. Just goes to show you that there is gold here still. And it's not melted down fines.ha ha ha.
1537971238_20180805.jpg

Awww geez madtuna, fair crack of the whip mate, will this one pass as a nugget then? Took a while to melt the fines and get it right hahahahah
1538374630_160-1.jpg
:playful: :playful: :poop: :lol:

Bonjour Lorent. Realistically if you are hunting gold it would be unlikely that you would do better than here in Australia. Oh, actually I mean Victoria, Australia and more specifically the Golden Triangle. It may not be large nuggets (but maybe it would be) if you want to see proof, check out LDC Gold on YouTube. He constantly gets the shiny stuff.

Latest posts