CTX madness 2018

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heatho said:
Thanks fellas, was a very busy beach area. Showed a couple of people when I dug it out they were gobsmacked, then when I got the other a few feet away they just couldn't believe it. :p

TID on the gold ring was a solid 12:09, 2.21g, 9k.
did it sound like a different sorta 5c tone ?

Bit smoother, 5c get a bit gruff sounding, this was a nice smooth lowish tone and when I noticed a 12:09 TID I wasn't going to walk away from it as I would from a gruff sounding 12:07 (5c), hearing the low tone made me think junk but I dig nearly all targets on the beach, except 12:07, I hate 5c coins. :D

Another dodgy Pandora Rose ring, really hate this stuff, it's like copping a sucker punch when you find one..... :D

Plenty of goldies too.

1540175525_img_20181022_132302.jpg

Did a large section of South Steyne at Manly beach this morning over 2 hours, for about $70, the rest was from yesterdays hunt. Mostly just goldies today ples a few bits of junk jewellery. The area I did a few weeks back where I got the gold ring had not replenished due to the weather so continued on from where I finishede that day, once I got past the area I already did the goldies came thick and fast.

Was moving very quickly and swinging like a man possesed with the 17" coil. ]:D :playful:

1540269226_img_20181023_152413.jpg

Heatho said:
Did a large section of South Steyne at Manly beach this morning over 2 hours, for about $70, the rest was from yesterdays hunt. Mostly just goldies today ples a few bits of junk jewellery. The area I did a few weeks back where I got the gold ring had not replenished due to the weather so continued on from where I finishede that day, once I got past the area I already did the goldies came thick and fast.

Was moving very quickly and swinging like a man possesed with the 17" coil. ]:D :playful:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/487/1540269226_img_20181023_152413.jpg
that is pure awesome :cool: :cool:

out here in the sticks 20 bucks in goldies in one sniff is one for the records :eek: :(

Goldpick said:
You really cleaned up on the goldies Heatho, bet you are looking forward to Summer and the extra dropped coinage/jewellery that comes with the warmer weather.

Cheers fellas.

The Manly food and wine festival was on a few weeks back and my artist mate who sells his works while painting on the beach front pointed me in the direction where everybody was sitting on the beach, most didn't seem to be fresh drops though. Still most weren't very deep either and the beach groomer had just done the beach this morning and it was nice and flat too, perfect conditions.

People think the groomers get the coins but they don't. :D

Really looking forward to summer as the tourists will soon flock in, still there were a few people on the beach today but not many.

My bucket was heavy enough that I didn't feel like carrying it around much longer, lol.

Latest posts