Land restrictions in Dja Dja Wurrung parks plan Bendigo

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could this all be a new "option" on the VEAC forrests thingo? Maybe they thought it didn't have legs...

Might be interesting coverage if it all goes ahead.... Imagine a planned protest detecting session with 40+ retirees being locked up in front of the cameras....

Ok, I know that generally speaking the topic of religion is taboo on this forum, However I think this is important.

Having been chosen recently to witness an amazing revelation, I feel it incumbent upon me to share the below with those who I already believe practice a RELIGION which may actually save our bacon with regard to access to our sacred lands where the holy Leads (both Shallow and Deep) doth dwell.

I found myself sitting bolt upright in bed the other night, with the sweat running down my face. I had just awoken from the most life-like dream I had EVER had in my whole life!

In this dream, which I swear was no dream at all really, rather it was my Astro-travelling self visiting a spirit dwelling abode, I spoke to one of the most powerful gods of all, who required that I address him/her (thats right they were a dazzling golden human-like form but reproductive organs/ equipment were not apparent and their voice was gender neutral), anyway they said I should address them as My alluvial Goldness.

I asked shim (which I think should be the correct pronoun to use here as they are neither him nor her, but perhaps both?) where they came from, and their answer was I dwell in the places deemed most alluvial- in soil, rock, river and stream, including the ones which flow no more, both deep and shallow.

My alluvial Goldness went on to say, There are some who seek to keep me covered but I need to be found and admired, even having my form changed so that I can adorn both Man and Woman in Holy Ornamentation and to assist technology in reliable performance and conductivity. I Asked My alluvial Goldness to elaborate, but he, she, it, said Quiet Humanoid bag of non specific Fluid, this is not some lesson in Fashion or Physics! What I am about to tell thee will assist you in your epic journey of enlightenment as you seek to both uncover and liberate me wherever I exist!

My Alluvial Goldness explained that there are those who seek to impose their ancient culture and beliefs onto my ancient culture and beliefs, and whereas my culture and beliefs allow ALL to practice theirs while I seek out reefs, nuggets and specs to fuel our ancient economies, and various artistic and cultural forms of expression etc, their beliefs will prevent me from practicing mine, and also prevent Our Alluvial Goldness from attaining the timeless goal of being exposed, retrieved, admired and used.

I shall call this religion Prospectyrianism. It has been practiced by Celts, Egyptians, Ancient Greeks, Romans, Incas, Aztecs, Chinese and so, so many other cultures for tens of thousands of years! Thats right, TENS OF THOUSANDS OF YEARS! It truly is one of the oldest practices on earth! Its spirit filled our ancestors at the Eureka stockade with outrage and strength when their right to practice said religion was impinged upon.

Now, One of the most sacred sites where My Alluvial Goldness lives (by the way, residing in multiple places is made possible through the Trinity Miracle known as The Spec, The Nugget, and the Holy Reef. They are all part of the same thing, but I dont want to confuse people too much for now though, or for that matter make people think that Im just making stuff up as I go along so that other people cant do their thing in my holy places). But anyway, one of the holiest of holies for Prospectyrians as we are known, is Kooyoora State Park.

This is significant I feel as section 109 of the Australian Constitution states that "If the federal Parliament and a state parliament pass conflicting laws on the same subject, then the federal law overrides the state law, or the part of the state law that is inconsistent with it".

Said Constitution (that many of our forebears fought and died for by the way), also states in Section 116 that the Constitution of Australia precludes the Commonwealth of Australia (i.e., the federal parliament) from making laws for establishing any religion, imposing any religious observance, or prohibiting the free exercise of any religion.

I need to worship in Kooyoora state park! How is my Religion any less important than The Flying Spaghetti Monster, the Jedi Faith or any other religion that is acknowledged under Australian Law?

Clearly, this has become an issue about the freedom to practice our Religion and to worship Our Alluvial Goldness freely!!!, and the law is on our side.

LC76 said:
I remember reading in I can't remember what book it was, and it was probably extremely biased coming from gold rush reports, that the local indigenous groups only used the Whipstick as a way point on their way to other locations and never actually lived there as it was no good for water and hunting.

I've no doubt there would have been sacred sites or simple but invaluable landmarks used for navigation.
And those sites should be protected if still intact.

But restricting over half the Whipstick and other areas is only going to create a bigger devide and more "us VS them" situations that won't help anyone in long-term.

PMAV should have been included in the discussions and it's a bit of a slap in the face and proof that PMAV just don't have the political teeth to have any affect.

Or am I just a biased prospector and seeing this all wrong?

Latest posts