Anybody have a 6 inch Mini Cells Dream Mat Sluice?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi mate. Just wondering if you could share your design for the recirculating system. I'm buying a pump on the weekend but am a bit stuck on how to get the water to flow at the top of sluice properly.

Cheers heaps.

Skip75 said:
I have a 6 min sluice. Ive made my own recirculating system with it to do clean up at home using an 1100 gph bilge pump. Still mucking around with set ups etc but seems to be working really well. Looking forward to taking it out for some real action to give it a good test. Am a little unsure of when I should clean it out though so I just keep an eye on how its loading up and when it looks full I clean it out.

AM1990 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co.../11949/1529154321_20180616_093855_resized.jpg

Had a couple of hours this morning with my new gold rat mini sluice. Got a little bit of gold too.

Very happy.

Good to see you're enjoying your sluice.
Sometimes you might need to sit a large rock across the top to keep it in position when the creek is flowing a bit. Building up a base platform to get the angles right to suit the amount of flow. They like around 10degrees but it often depends on the avaliable water

Hey guys, oldish topic but i find you need a drop in the creek to get proper exchange in the cells, think small waterfall , you can set the 6 inch dream mat in a perfectly flat creek and if the water flows decent it will work great, but to have enough angle to sufficiently clear the end of the sluice without it being underwater and creating back pressure you will need a small drop, sure its been mentioned above but i need to get the post count up cheers :Y:

Look online. Or make a metal brake and fold your own sluice for $20 of 3mm aluminium. Hell, I've seen mates backbend zincalume fencing panels to 'flatten' them then turn that into a sluice box, or even just use the in-situ bends to make long toms out of them. No $10-20 sheet of aluminium is worth the big price tags being asked. Unless you want to spend thousands to make cents I strongly suggest making your own, well, everything. :p

Or at least look around online, those 'Gold Crocs' were made under various names, but all came from the same factory in China, just different resellers bought them ten at a time, stuck their own stencils on them, called them something different and sold them for $300 saying they were something new, a fluid bed sluice. In reality they paid $10-20 a unit and even the 49ers used them and called them boiler boxes (albeit the piping is 90 degrees to the ones the old timers used but the principle of the physics behind it is identical).

Dr Lex Winter said:
Look online. Or make a metal brake and fold your own sluice for $20 of 3mm aluminium. Hell, I've seen mates backbend zincalume fencing panels to 'flatten' them then turn that into a sluice box, or even just use the in-situ bends to make long toms out of them. No $10-20 sheet of aluminium is worth the big price tags being asked. Unless you want to spend thousands to make cents I strongly suggest making your own, well, everything. :p

Or at least look around online, those 'Gold Crocs' were made under various names, but all came from the same factory in China, just different resellers bought them ten at a time, stuck their own stencils on them, called them something different and sold them for $300 saying they were something new, a fluid bed sluice. In reality they paid $10-20 a unit and even the 49ers used them and called them boiler boxes (albeit the piping is 90 degrees to the ones the old timers used but the principle of the physics behind it is identical).

there's some crazy ideas lets start with bending 3mm aluminum on an diy press brake (with any ease very difficult) 9 tonne would be the minimum rated load on 3mm. id stick with under 2mm I do encourage people to make thier own equipment though this thread is specifically about a gold rat mini 6 which has vortex dream mat cells, this product would be the most popular sluice thats exported all around the world aussie made how cool is that.

you are right about the bazooka and croc being rehashed rebranded and re released multiple times through various sellers but you're completely wrong about where they were made, i personally know 5 different business owners who over the past 5 year made these and they all made them in house, not a single version of this sluice sold in Australia,America or Europe was made in china that i'm aware of so well clear that up, perhaps theres a seller i dont know about but not the main ones these are real people with real families trying to run a real business not some fictional theory.

they all cut their own plastic, weld and glue their own plastic and built their own gear with their own variations

Latest posts