Camping in Hillend, Glendora or The Village.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
My son and I will be up in Hillend next Thursday or Friday week the 20th, depending on how we go at Sunny corner first and will probably stay for 3 days and use Hillend as a central camp spot. Just want to know where people prefer to camp and can you have fires at The Village camp ground or just at Glendora.
Thanks and Happy camping.
Terry. :D :Y:

Either campground is good & you can have a fire at either (unless fire ban on). They both have nifty metal fire set ups at each campsite.
Village is better if you like an evening pub meal & a few beers - easier to stagger stroll home to.
Glendora is a good base to try a bit of night detecting from if keen.

Have made it to Hill End today and are staying at Glendora camp ground. We spent the last 2 nights on the edge of Daylight creek just up from the junction of Turpin creek in Sunny corner did some panning and exploring of the area. Both mornings at Sunny corner got down to -3 deg. Once we set up here in Glendora we went for a quick swing and found a couple of old bullets. Then we went to the Royal for dinner where I had a quick chat to Balmain Bob before having a burger with the lot and a Carlton Draught. Plenty of wildlife here in Hillend, had to save one little guy that I nearly ran over.
Happy detecting Terry
1537528947_c2182426-d974-401a-81db-e5b2db0e7566.jpg

1537528947_509a3629-9024-4f09-9b14-5fe8cee1db20.jpg

1537528948_f58f99b9-cc77-4f48-8d21-4a46ee7b803d.jpg

Is that free camping where you are at Terry?

Looks a great spot,

But a bit chilly,

Goody

Latest posts