The Blitz is on in QLD

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jaros said:
I had a 2" lift done by Fourby's in Moorooka Brisbane with suspension upgrade. I have a light bar on the roof rack, 2 x 9" LED Spotties in front of the radiator, I wonder if they would class that as illegal?
I doubt it is illegal - 2" (but no more) is legal in Victoria. Essential for many 4x4 tracks here. I would not want more for stability reasons. It is the tyres that do the damage anyway, they cause the erosion.

RR, my 4x4 weighs 2300+ kg UNLOADED..... Step in front of Me and you will need a shovel and hose to clear the scene.... :skull: :N:

Dihusky, Watch out for those 'Items' on the Bonnet.... They are a no no I think you will find.... Sharp edges. Take them off until you Travel.. When I was inspected they were looking at a jeep with stuff on the bonnet... Wasn't game to hang around and see his outcome tho... Meant to mention that when I was over... :Y:

I think you will find your 4x4 is fine in QLD Jaros... :Y:

LW....

Problem solved

1537363039_img_0901.jpg

Big blitz at the Gatton pads yesterday, stopping all traffic west and east. Never seen so many coppers and transport inspectors in the one place before.

LoneWolf said:
RR, my 4x4 weighs 2300+ kg UNLOADED..... Step in front of Me and you will need a shovel and hose to clear the scene.... :skull: :N:

LW....

That's 1300kg for the Truck and 1000kg for the full pallet ya picked up from the drive thru, Youuuu Little Beauty :playful:

A True Aussie, :Y:

Save some for me, i'll be around in a tick :goldnugget: :lol:

hi RR the 101 looks like a very nice unit way better than the blood boxes we used to drive when i was in the cut lunch cowboys (10th Transport Corp) they were very unstable especially if you hit a patch of bulldust at around 70kph having said that the later 6x landies seem a bit wider so are more stable
Pagan P

pagan prospector said:
hi RR the 101 looks like a very nice unit way better than the blood boxes we used to drive when i was in the cut lunch cowboys (10th Transport Corp) they were very unstable especially if you hit a patch of bulldust at around 70kph having said that the later 6x landies seem a bit wider so are more stable
Pagan P

Yeah mate they were good in their day, The bloke at the Land Rover parts place had one for sale just north of Brisbane and he could not sell it because at the time they were not classed as RWC, Shame though, because they came with the Bar Tread pattern 9.00x16's so they had a lot better ground clearance than the normal 109 and 110" wheel base models, If you look at the front wheels they have a ring in the centre that you use as a step just like you did on the old 1950/60's 3 Ton Bedfords, Loved them trucks. I'd buy one to this day if I could because they were a bit like a Unimog of their time.

They were called the RL model, or RL Bedfords, In the Army they were just called 3 Tunners, lol.

here ya go, https://www.google.co.uk/search?tbm=isch&q=1950's+british+army+3+ton+trucks&chips=q:1950's+british+army+3+ton+trucks,online_chips:bedford+rl&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiwy8PwtMjdAhVEC8AKHV0VDKMQ4lYIKSgB&biw=1301&bih=498&dpr=1.05#imgrc=_&spf=1537406332834

101 Front Wheel Step..

1537406696_101_front.jpg

a mate of mine kid is a cop at Yamanto traffic branch and they are having meetings with dept transport with examples to show what to look for and the real blitz is school holidays from defective 4x4 cars over loaded vans boats to big for tow vehical and 2 tow mobs in town have put there prices up and impound yard prices up 40%

YES PEOPLE POWER has won... Just announced today.. New laws come into play on 1st Oct this year.. Coming in line with other states so things will be the same... Raising up to 150mm for non ESC 4x4 and up to 75mm for ESC fitted 4x4.. Not too sure of details yet But We have Won. End of Operation Lift.... :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y:

LW

Ridge Runner said:
LoneWolf said:

LW....

That's 1300kg for the Truck and 1000kg for the full pallet ya picked up from the drive thru, Youuuu Little Beauty :playful:

Lol... The only 4x4 I can think of that weighs 1100kg is a Suzuki sierra.... Seriously mine is 2300kg...
and I don't do Drive-through's.... Drive-buy's perhaps... ]:D :skull:

LW....

LoneWolf said:
Ridge Runner said:
LoneWolf said:

LW....

Lol... The only 4x4 I can think of that weighs 1100kg is a Suzuki sierra.... Seriously mine is 2300kg...
and I don't do Drive-through's.... Drive-buy's perhaps... ]:D :skull:

LW....

Yeah LW, I was just buggaizing about, I think mine weight about 1760-1860, can't remember off hand empty, I might have to stick it over the weigh bridge as soon as I can drive again,, I know by time all my off road gear gets added it will push it over the 2 Ton mark, I'd like to lift it by 2" and add 33"+ Tyres, factory works out to be 29.6 ish / 245-70-16's, So that would give me 4" in Total, :inlove: :Y:

I know... {) I had to laugh as I only weigh around 68kgs and I was told today I should fatten up.... :lol: :lol: :lol: ..

Yes 4x4 are heavy things that's for sure... then you add your gear.. :argh:

LW....

LoneWolf said:
I know... {) I had to laugh as I only weigh around 68kgs and I was told today I should fatten up.... :lol: :lol: :lol: ..

Yes 4x4 are heavy things that's for sure... then you add your gear.. :argh:

LW....

Yep, I had to replace the bathroom scales coz they were lying, buggas were out by 13kgs, damn it :eek: That's no good with my supa model looks, Chad Morgan has the same problem :D :playful: :Y:

That new Twin compressor has added another 15kgs to the list but it was worth it, It Airs Up 37" Tyres in 90 seconds from 15 to 35 psi so it should do 33's in about a minute flat,

Nice, you will be able to offer Every-one else an inflation as well.. :Y: ..
Chad is great... Had a few Beers with him one night... Very Funny fellow.. Even better when half shot... :Y: :perfect:

LW....

LoneWolf said:
Nice, you will be able to offer Every-one else an inflation as well.. :Y: ..
Chad is great... Had a few Beers with him one night... Very Funny fellow.. Even better when half shot... :Y: :perfect:

LW....

This Blitz really annoys me coz no mater where I am I have always spent a heap on my trucks and the stupid part about this blitz etc is do they really know what it costs to lift a Truck up so it is drivable etc and the effort these Aussie companies put in to making these products,

Being over here I have seen all brands for sale but if you go on any of the forums no matter if it is in the US or SA or the UK you will always find Aussie Brands up there at the top of the list, That is not by mistake, I started using Lovells and OME back in the early 80's and they are still at the top of the heap to this day So the QLD government ought to put a bit of trust in to these Aussie companies and the products they sell.

I like the 3 and 6" lift Idea, I think that would get most folks where they want to be, It was partly all this which is why I started looking in to the Land Rover 101's and the Unimogs and Pinzgauers etc because they come already lifted and built for the bush,

LoneWolf said:
Problem with a 6" lift is I would need a step ladder to get in... :)

LW....

yeah that could be an issue for me for a while, I was going to remove the side steps and fit sliders but with these stitches my legs don't work right yet, And I lifted that compressor the other day when I was having a sticky and hurt my chest just when I was feeling Ok.,

Can't wait till I am well again I really want to sort out my truck and get out there,

Latest posts