New 5.2 update

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they going to bring out an update every five minutes then I would like to see a way of saving my user defined programs to the computer for easy re-installation once the update id finished.

In fact I would like to be able to do the programming on the computer with a real keyboard and then download that to the Deus. How about it XP.

Whisp said:
If they going to bring out an update every five minutes then I would like to see a way of saving my user defined programs to the computer for easy re-installation once the update id finished.

In fact I would like to be able to do the programming on the computer with a real keyboard and then download that to the Deus. How about it XP.

Think you'll find that a certain company has patented the ability for one detector to save a program on a Computer and then that program be sent to another detector. Each time someone looks like launching something similar this company take them to court.

EMI Fix, Most modern detectors are controlled now by software more than anything else, so being able to change and upgrade filtering is very easy and quite fast. I find it amazing that they can get new features into the machine without changing the hardware much at all. Just change the software that runs it and you can get a very different result from the same equipment.

Happy Hunting

Clegy

Cheers Clegy, I don't want to send it to another computer, I just want to be able to read the data from mine and then after the update be able to send it back to mine to save all that tedious button pushing. :Y:

For a company to claim that they own that ability to send and store data is like me not be able to read and write from my own iPod

clegy said:
Whisp said:

Think you'll find that a certain company has patented the ability for one detector to save a program on a Computer and then that program be sent to another detector. Each time someone looks like launching something similar this company take them to court.

EMI Fix, Most modern detectors are controlled now by software more than anything else, so being able to change and upgrade filtering is very easy and quite fast. I find it amazing that they can get new features into the machine without changing the hardware much at all. Just change the software that runs it and you can get a very different result from the same equipment.

Happy Hunting

Clegy

They could make a Program that would keep an encrypted copy on the computer and have the backup locked to the serial Number/MAC Address of the Remote/coil/Headphones ?