2018 Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks to be a piece of a large lead plate, an unusual find. That beach has actually re-sanded after being badly stripped. The finds just keep rolling in, and out of the surf I suspect. I want to make it a regular hunt, I was sore for two days after this one.

What I love when reading prospection forums is to see what people from other countries dig up from the ground ; for example, in my homeland (Russia) and where my wife comes from (Northern France), we find pretty much the same things : German helmets, rusted rifles, and unexploded ordinance from both World Wars... however, I was lucky a couple times, and found golden coins from the Peter the Great era and uniform buttons of the Napoleonian army in Russia, and even a Middle Ages coin near an old castle in France!

So it's cool to see that you guys are finding old coins, toys and random personal items.

Couple hours scratching around Jesmond Park, I declared it empty last time. Such a big park, but the juicy bits are off limits.
1537250993_received_530827550742587.jpg

rocketaroo said:
I dunno what RJ is up to, we dont talk much at all. No falling out, just doing different things I spose. I still enjoy detecting, if I find alot, or I dont, it doesnt seem to matter anymore.
seems he just dropped out quick :eek:

hope it is not major :Y:

and ya right about finds, it doesn't matter :eek: something i wouldn't have said 6mths ago :Y:

having just turned 12mths back detecting, it is just about getting out in the fresh air and :sunny: :cool: but in saying that i still like to find at least one coin or something non binable ;) one silver in 6hrs is time well spent :power:
but i just wonder around (not when gridding but broad acre) smoke a few durries (i don't smoke at home, it's a sniffing thing :cool: ) an shoot the breeze :perfect:

rocketaroo said:
I dunno what RJ is up to, we dont talk much at all. No falling out, just doing different things I spose. I still enjoy detecting, if I find alot, or I dont, it doesnt seem to matter anymore.

Glad to see you out and about Rocket, I'm a bit the same at the moment - happy to just get out and find a coin or two. Actually felt like I needed a little break from detecting for a while (probably won't last), I guess RJ has chosen to do the same. Anyway, good clean example of a 1910 thrip. :Y:

Great to hear from you Rocket, believe me it was a slow start to the year and my body took a day or two to get over crouching down 100s of times. Anyway, I hope you snag a few coins to help you back into the swing of things. :D

Cry bikey.... ya better find a florrie then RKT !
:clap: :clap:...... :cloudy: :cloudy: :cloudy: :cloudy:
.................... :fire:
............... :bomb:

Latest posts