XP ORX information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jaros said:
I wonder how much it costs?

In the link pretty sure it says $700 to $800 (wireless headphones) euro so maybe $1500.00 mark or a bit more. I'll watch the reviews :Y:.

An upgraded Depar Dpr 600?

Bloody hell 21 frequencies 13-81kHz

800 = $1291.50 AUD

Time to do some saving I guess, almost got a 2nd Nox for the missus but might hold out until knowing the release date and early reviews. :goldnugget:

Looks like the wireless headphones are also a new product, just headphones and not controllers like the WS4 - hence the reduced price. Might have 21 frequencies though most are just offset frequencies from the main ones, so yes, a slightly different Depar 600.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/J8BDVOWsPkQ[/video]

What I know so far.....

ORX Is based on the white HF Coil but will be compatible with the X35 coils (Black ones). The 13-81 Khz represent the current spread in the HF elliptical coil. I believe the elliptical coil will be the big story in Australia. Its smaller profile allows it to operate in hotter soils.
Just like most VLF's for gold they work best with the smallest coil you can get, less profile less noise.

I can see a lot of people going down the ORX route with an elliptical and then adding an X35 into the mix for coin shooting. 9.5 x 5 Inch HF Elliptical and the 11 Inch X35 black coil would be a pretty killer combination and would cover a lot of detecting bases.

ORX has 2 Built in Gold programs, 2 Built in coin programs and has 2 empty slots for saving your Own.

1 Model but as with all XP gear loads of flexibility, with 2 coils and with or without wireless headphones.
So really there will be 4 to choose from.

Pricing is 700-800 Euros (with or without wireless headphones) so Local pricing will be in the $1200-1300 range, Unless the euro does something silly but it appears its weakening again so the price will stay stable. Deus has been the same price for 3 years for example.

My main answer to most ORX questions ATM is "I don't Know".
XP keep the cards close to the chest so I can't confirm release dates yet nor confirm the full features list, Until they tell me it's ok to do so.
Still In trouble for releasing Elliptical HF coil videos last year when I wasn't "supposed" to have one. LOL

As I learn more I will pass it on.

Happy Hunting

Clegy

New video clip of the ORX in action, looks like a great detector for those wanting a simplified Deus without losing much in the performance stakes. Must be incredibly light with that new shaft setup (70 grams lighter than the original).

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/rFQ0eyceGQc[/video]

Hi Folks,

Have the ORX in Hand and yes it is LIGHT! 765 Grams light. So That box is ticked.

Wireless audio is NEW, Just a headphone without controls and runs on the WS4 headband. Which means the little audio puck can be removed and added to aftermarket full headphones like the Gray GHOST XP Headphones.
2.4 Ghz wirelss NOT Bluetooth so zero lag.

Using the machine is very easy and it will take most people just a hunt or 2 to work out where everything is. Just a single layer menu and not the deep menus of the XP Deus.

This will solve the problem the deus has of simply being Too Much detector for some. The shear volume of things you can play with does some people's heads in and they get confused. The ORX is a switch on and go machine with basic adjustments Like frequency, reactivity, ground balance, iron volume and of course discrimination. (Deus is a switch on and go machine too, if you let it be. LOL)

Standard with the HF coils either elliptical or round but is compatible with all the X35 coils so you can add a low frequency black coil down the track. Like an 11 inch or even a 13x11 inch X35, But learn the HF coil it comes with first.

Its super fast, will honestly leave the Equinox for dead in recovery speed, but people familiar with XP Now how fast a machine can be.

UNIQUE FEATURE: If you upgrade from ORX to deus in the future your coils and MI6 pinpointer can make the change with you as ORX and DEUS coils work on both machines. Also tones and TID Numbers will stay the same so the transition is seamless. You don't go backwards for 2 months learning a new machine, the XP Deus is simply an extension of the ORX. Like everything XP your gear never becomes OBSOLETE.

FAQ:
Is it Multi frequency?
YES it has multiple frequencies though only detects using one at a time. 21 Frequencies to choose from 13 - 81 Khz (depending on coil)

Is it waterproof?
YES with a waterproof kit. It can be used to a depth of 5 meters. 2.4Ghz wirelss simply does not work underwater So a water kit is needed. $95 Includes the cable, waterproof earphones and waterproof pouch for remote.

How much?
$1149AUD without wireless headphones (Remote has 3.5mm audio jack)
$1299AUD With wireless headphones

Warranty?
5 Years of course.

If I own a deus do I need one of these?
NOPE! Unless you want to add the remote by itself and plumb it into your existing X35 and HF coils. Handy for visitors or the kids and the shaft can be made very short for little people, TBH I just give them the lower stem with a coil on it and a remote and off they go.

When can I get one?
Pre-order open NOW, January 7th official launch day but I suspect the pre-order people will have a few hours up with their ORX's before that date.
https://detectorist.com.au

Video on website, Facebook and YouTube. More video in the coming days now the rain has gone.

Cheers Folks have a great Festive season.

Clegy

clegy said:
Hi Folks,

Have the ORX in Hand and yes it is LIGHT! 765 Grams light. So That box is ticked.

Wireless audio is NEW, Just a headphone without controls and runs on the WS4 headband. Which means the little audio puck can be removed and added to aftermarket full headphones like the Gray GHOST XP Headphones.
2.4 Ghz wirelss NOT Bluetooth so zero lag.

Using the machine is very easy and it will take most people just a hunt or 2 to work out where everything is. Just a single layer menu and not the deep menus of the XP Deus.

This will solve the problem the deus has of simply being Too Much detector for some. The shear volume of things you can play with does some people's heads in and they get confused. The ORX is a switch on and go machine with basic adjustments Like frequency, reactivity, ground balance, iron volume and of course discrimination. (Deus is a switch on and go machine too, if you let it be. LOL)

Standard with the HF coils either elliptical or round but is compatible with all the X35 coils so you can add a low frequency black coil down the track. Like an 11 inch or even a 13x11 inch X35, But learn the HF coil it comes with first.

Its super fast, will honestly leave the Equinox for dead in recovery speed, but people familiar with XP Now how fast a machine can be.

UNIQUE FEATURE: If you upgrade from ORX to deus in the future your coils and MI6 pinpointer can make the change with you as ORX and DEUS coils work on both machines. Also tones and TID Numbers will stay the same so the transition is seamless. You don't go backwards for 2 months learning a new machine, the XP Deus is simply an extension of the ORX. Like everything XP your gear never becomes OBSOLETE.

FAQ:
Is it Multi frequency?
YES it has multiple frequencies though only detects using one at a time. 21 Frequencies to choose from 13 - 81 Khz (depending on coil)

Is it waterproof?
YES with a waterproof kit. It can be used to a depth of 5 meters. 2.4Ghz wirelss simply does not work underwater So a water kit is needed. $95 Includes the cable, waterproof earphones and waterproof pouch for remote.

How much?
$1149AUD without wireless headphones (Remote has 3.5mm audio jack)
$1299AUD With wireless headphones

Warranty?
5 Years of course.

If I own a deus do I need one of these?
NOPE! Unless you want to add the remote by itself and plumb it into your existing X35 and HF coils. Handy for visitors or the kids and the shaft can be made very short for little people, TBH I just give them the lower stem with a coil on it and a remote and off they go.

When can I get one?
Pre-order open NOW, January 7th official launch day but I suspect the pre-order people will have a few hours up with their ORX's before that date.
https://detectorist.com.au

Video on website, Facebook and YouTube. More video in the coming days now the rain has gone.

Cheers Folks have a great Festive season.

Clegy

Could you try it on the wet beach to see how it perform?
DO you have a x35 big elliptical coil? What is price?
Your current stock kit WS4 is the new shape with rounder casing???

Thanks

:Y: :Y: :Y:

Funny thing,
On my WS4 sales page I have that round shape. First time I have ever noticed the difference. LOL
Must look at it too much.

I think thats an Old shape, the current one being more water resistant.

I'll email XP about it just to satisfy curiosity once they get back from Winter Break.

Great Eyes mate

Clegy

does anyone know if the ORX has an updatable version like the Deus does every few years? Or is ORX just stock standard and not able to update from XP?

It is updatable, in fact I think there was a small patch released not so long ago. I would think being XP that they would add feature updates and improvements over the next few years. I am sure clegy will come along and fill us in when he see's your post. Have seen the ORX in action a few times both hunting for relic's and gold. There quite an impressive machine from what I have seen.

cheers

Hey there Folks.

We are new to fossicking and have just purchased an XP ORX. We were wonderin if anyone has had much luck finding gold in the South East Queensland area.

Would be great to hear from other XP ORX users and there experiences. Much appreciated.

Tambo 'n' Dennis

Hi guys
I just brought the ORX and been using it around the back yard junk pile trying it out. It has great depth and been pulling heaps of trash on high numbers. I was a little disappointed until I found a two cents around 8 inches down it came in at 98 and had a nice high pitch sound. I quickly worked out my digging tools are worthless so this week Im knocking up a leaf spring pick.
Once I get sorted with gear Im off looking for some lead bullets in the surrounding ranges.

TAMnDEN said:
Hey there Folks.

We are new to fossicking and have just purchased an XP ORX. We were wonderin if anyone has had much luck finding gold in the South East Queensland area.

Would be great to hear from other XP ORX users and there experiences. Much appreciated.

Tambo 'n' Dennis

Try and connect with Pascoe lads, they are in Qld. and I know they have an ORX. This is their YouTube channel, maybe ask them .....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrXPjqjJF4z6xNZLeBaOEow/videos

Hi everyone, I just bought the ORX for my first detector and am still working it out and loving it. Just curious how people have found it for finding gold? Having much luck?
John

Latest posts