Hello from Quebec (Canada)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I was web surfing to find information about gold prospecting in Australia and I found this forum.
I looking for information about :
- what kind of visa I need to prospect couple of mouth every year in Australia
- the laws about prospecting when you are not from Australia
- the better time of the year to prospect

I would love to come to Australia and prospect gold

if anyone can help me, I will be greatfull

thx

1535114888_welcome_1.jpg

Welcome to the forum Ludogold, I used to live in Canada and the last time I was in Qubec City it was -37C

I believe you will need an "Instant Australian Tourist Visa/ETA visa" it's processed right away and lasts up to 3 months, there is also a long stay tourist visa. I think the 3 month one will cost you about $33 CAD. They changed things around a bit in 2016 but its still a pretty easy process.

http://www.visabureau.com/australia/eta-canada.aspx

There is loads of info on the forum about regulations etc.

Mate, we are open all year so whenever is good for you I guess, just don't underestimate the summer temperatures especially when it's over 40C and watch out for sticks that wriggle.

I'm in Bathurst, Central West New South Wales, If you come this way I would be happy to show you around, you can pay me in Timbits and Poutine :Y:

Thx all

specially to you AussieChris for your information.

be sure that if I go to Bathurst I will contact you. for the poutine I'm not so sure, I will have probably eat it before arriving to your town :D

See ya

Salut et bienvenue,

Tourist visa gives you the ability to stay in the country and not work for up to 3 months, granted at the border for Canadian citizens. If you are under 30 you can get a working holiday visa, work in outback gold mining towns fit the right post codes for your 88 days rural work to qualify for a second years stay.

You are under the same rules and regulations as any Australian citizen, I am a New Zealander, ma petite amie est qeubecoise.

Winter (may through august) in the Outback towns, late spring (September through October/November) or fall (Autumn, March through April) in Victoria or Central West New South Wales.

Any further questions send me a private message.

Je parle un peu franais, aussi

Darren

Latest posts