Minelab Pro-Find 35

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got one from Anaconda, looked after it, even taped up the end, one beach hunt it was was faulty (turn on, but would not locate or do anything).

Returned to Anaconda who sent it off and called me back within an hour (they call Minelab - who instructed Anaconda to give me a full refund no questions asked).

Ordered the Garrett AT Pro, from a shop in WA, arrived the next day. Could not be happier having a Garrett again (had the original which I had dropped, ran over, thrown, used to dig and it still worked - Lost it).

What annoyed me about the Minelab 35 was the thin tip and thick handle, speaker is right where your finger goes, thus your always muffling the sound it fills with mud and sand so quick, thing slow beeps regardless when on and had hissy fits all the time.

Detectorist said:
What annoyed me about the Minelab 35 was the thin tip and thick handle, speaker is right where your finger goes, thus your always muffling the sound it fills with mud and sand so quick, thing slow beeps regardless when on and had hissy fits all the time.

mine has been in more holes than ron jeremy and does what it should ;)

was one of the first, better by a country mile over a carrot :Y: :power: :power:

ctxkid said:
was one of the first, better by a country mile over a carrot :Y: :power: :power:

What are the main differences? Cause I like my carrot 10x more than my profind 25. You can recalibrate the carrot while using it no time, it detects from twice the distance of the 25 and is heaps louder.

The main problem I've found with the carrot is that GPX detectors go crazy anywhere near them.

The old Minelab pin pointers were pretty ordinary. I preferred my Makro pin pointer over them. (Plus it was one of the first fully water proof ones)

The new Minelab pin pointers are very good, minus the minor production hiccups. The sound is nice and loud, it is very fast on and off.
The DON'T LEAVE ME BEHIND feature works well. At full strength is pretty powerful, and sometimes too powerful.
I haven't played around with the discrimination option, mainly because I don't use it in the gold fields, only for relics/coins.
But definitely a thumbs up for me.

No interference with GPZ or NOX, but haven't tried with a GPX, maybe somebody else can clarify that.

Garrett makes better pin pointers then they do detectors that is for sure. lol :eek: (Settle down, it was a joke..)
And their hand digging tool...top quality. It really is.

hAyyoUinAU said:
Garrett makes better pin pointers then they do detectors that is for sure. lol :eek: (Settle down, it was a joke..) lol , no it isn't , it's fact
And their hand digging tool...top quality. It really isthere is nothing like a Tyger, and Australian to boot

Tyger is good too. I haven't used their small hand diggers.
If I ever break the Garret I might give them a go if they make small ones.
Also Predator Tools Piranha digging shovel is my favourite shovel. I would say on par with Tyger stuff.

i believe i have the right combination :cool:

1537478087_wp_20180804_14_27_34_pro_li.jpg

hAyyoUinAU said:
No interference with GPZ or NOX, but haven't tried with a GPX, maybe somebody else can clarify that.

it is written somewhere in the blurbs that the 35 was designed as to not get or give interference to the detector :cool: i have no problem with my gpx5000 :Y:

ctxkid said:
Smoky bandit said:
ctxkid said:
Just missing the NOX kid :p :playful: :Y:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...0/1537483345_wp_20180714_11_56_24_rich_li.jpg

don't be reckoning i need one :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
Yer I'd dont think you do either.Nice kit :Y: :)

ctxkid said:
hAyyoUinAU said:

it is written somewhere in the blurbs that the 35 was designed as to not get or give interference to the detector :cool: i have no problem with my gpx5000 :Y:

i have gpz, nox and 35 and i have the 3 tenors little brothers, the three sopranos and do they howl :D

VicGoldHunter said:
Been having an issue with the pro find 35 going off randomly especially if I hold it at an angle or lay it on the ground for a bit. Is mine faulty?

Hi,
Yes, it is a known issue with them. Take it back to where you purchased from or a local Minersden store and they will repair it for free for you.
Shouldn't take too long.

Rick

robmoto said:
Vic gold Hunter turn the sensitivity down one or two notches should fix this .
Yer if you are running it on max this could be the issue... I can rearly run mine on max...Always need to drop it back 1 or 2..

There is a reason it does this on high sensitivity. It is a design fault..which can easily be rectified.
Then it will no longer go off when swinging it around. Its due to the wire inside moving.

The reason it is noticeable on highest setting is because that setting is most sensitive. And its a very useful setting to have, so get if fixed is best thing you could do.

Minelab has great warranty so should not be a problem. And they are aware of this.

Latest posts