SinHof and the CTX3030.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evening GDA and Danny,
Our spell wandering the gold field we have access to, most times, will give up some interesting items when chasing treasure/relic sites; trouble is when the gold is coming on a regular basis it's a bit hard to leave it to chase other stuff, even knowing there is a fair chance of stumbling onto something really unique that the old timers may have lost/hidden, too many choices and not enough time.
Thanks for the comments too.
Cheers, SinHof.

Hi Folks,
Just back from another ten days out on the gold fields, spent most of my time talking to locals in a new area so did not put in too much time detecting, probably 50/50 between the 7000 and the 3030.
The 7000 hit two small pieces, while the 3030 did somewhat better, the two stand outs being an 1875 penny and a second cricket buckle for this season. Also interesting was the four mangled sides of old powder flasks. With a bit of luck and some reasonable weather we should get in two more trips for this season and check out some new real estate.
Cheers, SinHof.
1537057683_20180909_082602.jpg
1537057719_20180909_082313.jpg

Good stuff, looks like the area had a fair bit of activity pre 1900. Love seeing what the old timers took with them to the goldfields. :Y:

Thanks for the various replies guys, sure was a pretty good trip. It's interesting to note the amount of broken bottles and cups, plates etc;maybe there was an element of borderm on the gold fields by the miners family's and kids smashed everything in sight, metal stuff too. Dug out a couple of rusty tin containers but unfortunately they only contained local dirt.
Cheers, Sinhof.

G' Day Folks,
Took the CTX3030 out for a run between showers yesterday afternoon to a local park that I had not visited for quite some time, the plan was to give the shoulder and body some swinging exercise prior to next week's trip out to the goldfields. Surprise, the place had accumulated a fair number of goldies, no pre decimals though, still a great afternoon and some pocket money too.
The gold XBOX thingy was a heart stopper initially, at first sight it looked like a rather chunky gold ring, the weight was about right but when the dirt was removed it was not to be.
Cheers, SinHof.
1540179628_20181021_180453.jpg

Hi Goldpick,
I have not got a clue about XBOX, the gold thing sure got the heart pumping overtime for a few seconds, it has a bit of weight to it but probably worthless. Have not had a chance to do any local detecting lately, but enjoy it when out and about, been spending quite a lot of time chasing the yellow metal these past couple of months.
Cheers, SinHof.

G'Day Folks,
Its been a while since I've had a chance to put in some serious time locally with the 3030, as it's becoming too hot to be out and about on the goldfields, so given that side of detecting away till next season's cooler weather. Had some free time this week so it was off to a local spot that I had been meaning to try for some time and as it turned out it was time well spent, the place was well endowed with goldies and some bits of jewellery to spice up the finds, in all a great and rewarding hunt.
1541652741_20181108_151813.jpg

1541652800_20181108_152746.jpg

All being well the warmer weather will hopefully send loads of people to the local beaches providing another range of spots to swing over.
Cheers, SinHof.

Latest posts