Greetings one and all!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi to everyone.
I too am new to this game. I'll apologise in advance as I'll share the story on how this all came to being. Some may enjoy it, some may not.
23rd May l sliced my finger open at work which required 11 stitches on the outside and two on a temdon. As a result l was doing a lot of resting and watching youtube.
I stumbled upon beach detecting which l first saw back in 1991 in Canada ang it had alwaus intrigued me.
I took the plunge and bought a Fisher F70. Hit Whipstick and Moliagul. No gold but plenty of rusty nails and some interesting relics. Loved it.
6 weeks later and more youtube, l bought myself a used Goldbug 2. Hit Chewton area. Still no gold but heaps less rusty junk. Still loving getting out though.
Anyway one thing l had noticed was 99.9% of the clips l saw on youtube where gold was being found, they were all using Minelab detectors.
More research and learning and l scored my self a GPX 5000 for a fair price. Been back a couple of times bit still no gold and yes, still loving getting out and amongst it.
I've learnt so much in the past 4 months and l reckon 95% of it has vome from PA.
Keep up the good work and l look forward to bumping into fellow gold hunters out in the field.

Latest posts