⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well pirate petes words resounded with me this afternoon and I made the effort to dig every single target even the booming ones that almost blew my ear drums out. A couple of times I thought my luck had changed but they just turned out to be mangled bullets. I dug more targets today then ever before and they all turned out to be garbage. With an hour to go before dark I had just dug up what seemed to be my 100th bit of crap. I kicked the dirt back in the hole and not 15cm away I got another signal. Bingo out popped a little bit of gold. I honestly thought I was going home goldless but this little fella saved the day. It was very shallow but was quite loud for such a small piece.
Anyway another lesson learned and a few more bits of junk removed. The dash board of the ute is filling up
1536829877_2018-09-13_18.56.48.jpg
1536829904_2018-09-13_18.42.40.jpg

Well done NG, you are doing great for only detecting a few weeks.
The fact your gold signals are softer than the trash signals has to do with size, shape and depth of target which is why we dig everything.
The only targets I've successfully and consistantly called before digging are little rusty boot tacks as they give a sharp high pitched chirp, but I still dig them just in case I get one wrong.
Keep up the good work :Y:

Only had two hours this arvo but was lucky enough to pick up this little fella. Lucky number 23?

The mother in law killed the mojo today telling me she saw her first snake for the year. Looks like I wont be going out bush for much longer. Spent the whole two hours looking out for moving sticks.

Least you guys will get a break from my posts lol

1536918132_2018-09-14_19.31.00.jpg

Nothing Great said:
Only had two hours this arvo but was lucky enough to pick up this little fella. Lucky number 23?

The mother in law killed the mojo today telling me she saw her first snake for the year. Looks like I wont be going out bush for much longer. Spent the whole two hours looking out for moving sticks.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ages/13217/1536918132_2018-09-14_19.31.00.jpg

Is your ML a prospector who knows your weaknesses :playful:. NG don't let the snake's worry you mate if you've got horses and feed them every day you've got the same chance as when detecting to find yourself in trouble. Just keep your eyes open and pretend your feeding the horse's :Y: keep at it while the mojo's on your side.

Ha ha RM
Nah she isnt mate. I am terrified of the bloody things cant even look at em. I am a lot braver when its cold. I have been toying with the idea of doing some night prospecting. Cant see em that way :D

Nothing Great said:

just get some snake gaiters NG, & kick em outa the way :p

I don't normally find nuggets as I don't like the detecting that much, but when I do I will share it with yas all.

This bit was found with the 7000 (on loan and thank you mate) to check the ground we have worked before some trespasser with a detector does!
Just a quick wave and the thing screamed! Its 36.6grams as is, but recon its about 15-20grams o gold in it easy? Will test it out some time.

1536981198_nugget.jpg

1536981233_nugget1.jpg

;)

So after all the snake jokes last night I woke up to the sun shining and thinking ah stuff it I aint going out bush today. Anyway headed out to the farm where I am currently breaking in a young horse. Whilst walking a lap of the track (which I had freshly dragged yesterday) I noticed a few stumpy tailed lizard tracks along with a couple of fresh snake tracks crossing over it. Not my idea of fun.

After finishing the horse we got a shower of rain and it suddenly turned really cold. I figured stuff it its freezing now I can head out the bush and feel safe.
5 minutes after firing up we had a massive hail downpour. The ground was completely white!
It was awesome.

The hail subsided and I got stuck back into detecting.

Luckily for me the arctic blast was a blessing in disguise and I had a cracker of aafternoon finding 4 nice bits of gold including my best ever piece and a 1976 1 cent coin. The second biggest piece looks like a golden goose with its long slender neck.

1537003528_2018-09-15_18.44.10.jpg

1537003555_2018-09-15_18.47.27.jpg
1537003579_2018-09-15_18.51.14.jpg
1537003604_2018-09-15_18.55.17.jpg

Latest posts