QED sniffs out a nice piece

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder if that was on pushed ground? They shot an early QED vid & you could see the windrows in the background.
I would expect a good signal on most detectors on that bit in what looks to be pipeclay?
IMO most QED owners would be more interested to know things like speaker set up used (it sounded better than the Nokia speaker I had but could also be because it was set up close to the camera mic?); settings like mode, Ths-A (volume), gain & how it was running in those settings over the surrounding ground, although that ground looks very tame.
This type of information is what could be helpful to new QED owners.
My guess would be low mode (1-3), THS-A set high (up around 80) & gain mid to high (4-5+). In moderately hot to high mineralised areas you would be doing well to run like that without constant yips, yows & hot rock collection.

mbasko said:
Wonder if that was on pushed ground? They shot an early QED vid & you could see the windrows in the background.
I would expect a good signal on most detectors on that bit in what looks to be pipeclay?
IMO most QED owners would be more interested to know things like speaker set up used (it sounded better than the Nokia speaker I had but could also be because it was set up close to the camera mic?); settings like mode, Ths-A (volume), gain & how it was running in those settings over the surrounding ground, although that ground looks very tame.
My guess would be low mode (1-3), THS-A set high (up around 80) & gain mid to high (4-5+). In moderately hot to high mineralised areas you would be doing well to run like that without constant yips, yows & hot rock collection.
That is well said as I have a Qed have not used as yet [had a bad fall] and some help with settings will help
a lot thanks
Mond

I have been told it was raked ground, as you can see the windrow edge in the background. If it had been dozed the white clay bottom would have been more exposed.
I have no idea what settings were used, but from the look of the ground, mode could have been quite low, and the gain could have been up a bit.

Reg Wilson said:
I have been told it was raked ground, as you can see the windrow edge in the background. If it had been dozed the white clay bottom would have been more exposed.
I have no idea what settings were used, but from the look of the ground, mode could have been quite low, and the gain could have been up a bit.

I would agree with Mbasko, looks liked pushed ground.
If you have freeze the video at 1:31 you can see the tread marks from either a dozer or front end loader behind his right hand. You can also make them out at the top of frame at 0:34

Rick

The guy who sent down the video stated that it was raked ground. He should know. I only repeated what I had been told.

LOL,
The detectives are at it.
I like that.
Yes, It looks as if the ground was being either pushed or
raked.
I would have not been real keen digging too far into that white clay.

mbasko said:

Just read on the AEGP forum the settings used in the video.

THS-B: 50
THS-A: 80
GAIN: 3
MODE: 15
NOKIA SPEAKER

No mention of the coil but looks to be a Commander 8" mono.

Rush said:
Just read on the AEGP forum the settings used in the video.

THS-B: 50
THS-A: 80
GAIN: 3
MODE: 15
NOKIA SPEAKER

No mention of the coil but looks to be a Commander 8" mono.
Thanks for posting those up.
Interesting that they were using mode 15. Shows that the QED will still give a good solid signal on those shallow bits even in higher modes + with a reasonably low gain :Y:

Latest posts