Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what the story is with the dragon pendant? :inlove: maybe it would be worth discriminating out the can tid's and digging all other signals Art. :argh: Better than leaving it completely unsearched :poop: :p The piece of silver with the hearts has a story too. (insert the thinker emoji) :idea:

Secret Squirrels said:
I wonder what the story is with the dragon pendant? :inlove: maybe it would be worth discriminating out the can tid's and digging all other signals Art. :argh: Better than leaving it completely unsearched :poop: :p The piece of silver with the hearts has a story too. (insert the thinker emoji) :idea:

Problem with discriminating out in that park is I know I will be back so cleaning it would be better in the long run.
And also it would mean no more Goldies. :( lol
It's only a small section so no big thing. :Y:

Danny13 said:
Yup definately good to get out - just realised you found a piece of Silver also - turning into a great spot

Yeah mate I've been working it since around this time last year. Decided to see how it replenished and to be honest it hasn't
really as most of the coins are still old with the odd new drop. :Y:

The first pic of the medallion says "Kung Fu Master" in the characters around the edge,

and the character in the middle of the second pic is the traditional character for "Dragon". The characters around the edge are the same on both sides.

So the difference is that one side has a picture of the dragon, and the other the character for dragon.

As the traditional characters are used, it could come from Taiwan or Japan as well as China.

I suppose it is very unlikely that the owner was really a kung fu master!

DrDuck said:
The first pic of the medallion says "Kung Fu Master" in the characters around the edge,

and the character in the middle of the second pic is the traditional character for "Dragon". The characters around the edge are the same on both sides.

So the difference is that one side has a picture of the dragon, and the other the character for dragon.

As the traditional characters are used, it could come from Taiwan or Japan as well as China.

I suppose it is very unlikely that the owner was really a kung fu master!

Hey thanks for the information DrDuck very much appreciated....

Been a few days since I last posted anything so I thought I'd gather up my finds of the last week and show em off...
Mostly all park digs last week, just the bark areas and a couple of dirt patches...
Today was pretty good down the beach, a few goldies showed up and a nice coin spill of $6 and 2 Foreign Chinese Coins?
But the highlight from today's beach dig was the 1919 6d.....
Kiara and I went to the Park again tonight but I have a feeling the local detectorist in that area has been getting in just on dusk
and cleaning it out....The highlight of tonights dig was a beautiful 1887 3d.....
Looking forward to the next two weeks as it's school holidays, the kiddies have been good so far, well only one day into their two weeks..
Anyway on with the finds...

1537793424_wp_20180924_010.jpg

1537793458_wp_20180924_015.jpg

1537793470_wp_20180924_016.jpg

1537793483_wp_20180924_026.jpg

1537793497_wp_20180924_002.jpg

1537793520_thrippy_2.jpg

1537793641_wp_20180924_003.jpg

This was my last dig at goldie park for 2018....

1537793536_wp_20180920_008.jpg

Not sure where this has gotten to, maybe still in the container....

1537793585_wp_20180920_009.jpg

Home made Bling

1537793606_wp_20180920_010.jpg

Until next time, happy digging all...

Cheers GDA :D :Y: :D

Hey thanks fellas - School Holidays means more days to dig, a little overcast at the moment today but that never stopped me in the past.

There's a small dump at the 1850s spot where the 1887 3d came from, thing is the 3d was only about 3 inches deep - score. :) :Y:

No worries, Golddiggerart,

I have no skill in Chinese, but my second daughter is winding up a degree in Chinese and Business at ANU, has been to China a few times, and is pretty good at reading and speaking Chinese. So I sent the pics to her, and she told me what the characters were.

It's pretty good going to a Chinese Restaurant with her, as she orders all the good stuff not on the English menu.

Got out to the beach yesterday with Kiara, the storm pulled a lot of sand off the beach 1 1/2 metres worth gone, beach huts were lucky to survive.
Found a Georgia State Quarter which rang up as a Silver Ring at 42 TID .....At least I got a Silver in the form of a Tree Of Life Earring. :)
Not sure what the copper is, not able to identify anything on it because it is so corroded, was found under one of the beach huts.

1537931860_wp_20180925_004.jpg

1537931887_wp_20180925_003.jpg

Going to hit the beaches over the next two days as the weather forecast is fine and sunny...
Wife and kiddies coming along to enjoy the outdoors. :)
All the best and happy detecting...

Cheers GDA :D :Y:

Latest posts