You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Shamir
14 September 2018 12:16 am

I have been running a 7000 for about 3 years paid for itself well and truly, anyway I bought a 2300 hoping the big chief would get interested( she lasted about half an hour in that noisy ground near Cashmans).we went down to Cue caravan park on the way home ,I sneaked out to the patch that stingrays missus had found on the way up, to give the machines a run against each other,started with the 2300, gave it a Couple of hours and got 4 little bits, went back over the same ground with the 7000 and got another 8 little bits, so the 2300 has now gone .

1 user likes this post: Luke

Bogger
Gone Walkabout
Gone Walkabout
14 September 2018 08:56 am

So in one post you state Z found what SDC couldn't and another post states opposite ? I'm confused hmm If the blue baby found 4 pieces in an area I had hammered previously with a 10K detector .................... it would be a keeper in my eyes big_smile

Shamir wrote:

I have just had 8 days in the Murchison and gave the sdc2300 a go with the wireless headphone setup ( the $34 setup) it worked really well ,I could run the threshold low and smooth and adjust the volume thru the headphones ,picked up 4 little ones in the area that I had hammered with the 7000.

Last edited by Bogger (14 September 2018 09:06 am)

3 users like this post: Flatlander, ctxkid, mbasko

Flatlander
14 September 2018 09:31 am

Shape, size, the way its sitting in the ground ,type of ground play a part if just done my own bit of test of un dug targets in Wa, tibooburra, i run s/p enhancer ifound 7000 starts about 1/2 way though 2300 size but with more depth , then just tested 12x8 n/f in tibooburra on 5000 flat pieces loves it ,with a bit more depth than2300 I've come to the conclusion there can be to many varibles on the day so if find gold there, use everything u got every setting possible eg ground ,temp, backgrond noise , gold u finding ,and most of all YOUR MINE SET, U GOT TO WANT TO FIND GOLD ,NOT THINKING DONALD TRUMP TWITTERS PS just when u think u got it worked out a machine chucks a ' how did it here that'

mbasko
14 September 2018 09:57 am

Can work either way.
Been back over patches where I did well with the SDC with both GPZ + QED & haven't pulled another bit there or very few in some cases.
Other patches where we've had both SDC & GPZ running together the GPZ clearly was the better option.
Horses for courses.

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

5 users like this post: Rockhunter62, Flatlander, grubstake, Heatho, Syndyne

Reg Wilson
14 September 2018 11:20 am

Recently went over an area that had been raked and gridded by Zs and SDCs. I was using a QED PL2 with a 9" Elite coil that I had just purchased from Coiltek at Maryborough. Found 2 pellets and a speck of gold that was barely a flutter of a signal. Different machines will find different gold in different situations.

Walmer Central Victoria
Began detecting 1979 Best colour 3Kgs Best patch 340 ozs.

1 user likes this post: Heatho

Shaenae1
14 September 2018 07:36 pm

I have both the GPZ and the SDC and I would not part with either one.

I have worked an area with the GPZ then gone back over it with the SDC and found anywhere from 1 - 6 nuggets with the SDC and vice versa but not always, I believe they complement each other.

The other reason I would never get rid of the SDC is that I can go half a day maybe even a full day without finding anything with the GPZ and I can grab the SDC and usually have something in my jar within 5 mins to an hour. I think the SDC is alot of fun after swinging the GPZ around for a day or two.

Cheers

6 users like this post: Flatlander, madhatter, brucee, PhaseTech, Happy Jack, Syndyne

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site