Has ***** Cracked The Secret To Detecting Gold?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to get you all super excited over these magical detectors, here's an eBay advert for a Black Hawk with some specs;
Frequency: 2300MHz (=2.3GHz) .... WOW, don't use a cordless DECT phone anywhere near it! (they run around 2.3-2.5GHz I think from memory)
'Digital Laser Detector' .... WOW, never heard of a LASER running at 2.3GHz. Infrared light starts around 300GHz up into many thousand THz for Ultraviolet.
Range 1000m & 30m deep .... WOW, get that deep gold everyone else is missing!
All this for a mere $1190 ... other ad's are down around $800
1536840160_blackhawk_pic3.jpg

I think we are done here. That is, until the military tell us they are successfully using them to locate land mines, IED, UXO etc :bomb:

An example of how gullible people are:
There was a member on here some time back that put up an advert on eBay for one of these things which was supposed to be partially a joke & also to warn people about them.
In the advert he stated that the device would not work.
From memory he received several enquiries about buying them even though he said they wouldn't work.
People's greed + wanting to find an easy path to "riches" can blind them to the facts set out right in front of them.
There was an article doing the rounds a few years ago (off Geotech I think) where one was dismantled & it contained no circuitry that could even do anything remotely like claimed. I believe in the most part the circuit/s only powered the LED's, screen & other superficial components.
Caveat Emptor

http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/pages/common/index.pl?page=lrl&file=reports/vr800/index.dat

http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/pages/common/index.pl?page=lrl&file=reports/h3tec/index.dat

http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/pages/common/index.pl?page=lrl&file=info.dat

Bit like the old joke where a prospector dies and goes to heaven lucky enough,gets to the pearly gates and st peter says yes your listed for entry but look we cant take any more prospectors,that section is totally full sorry.
The old prospector says oh bugger,hey before i leave can i have a quick look inside,st peter thinks about it and feeling a bit sorry for him agrees to give him a quick look inside,he opens the door the old prospector sticks hes head in and yells GOLD FOUND IN HELL !!!
Immediately every prospector gathers there gear up and stampedes out the door for hell,st peter says well plenty of room now,come in.
The old prospector looks at him sighfully and says ya know there might be some truth to that rumour and walks off :D

When I had a chat to OKM online yesty about the Bionic Detector, I had a look at all their products. Found out that they make the Black Hawk I posted about earlier, & a range of supposedly honest proper PI metal & treasure detectors. Then they go & ruin their reputation by selling a gimic!! :eek:

Ded Driver said:
When I had a chat to OKM online yesty about the Bionic Detector, I had a look at all their products. Found out that they make the Black Hawk I posted about earlier, & a range of supposedly honest proper PI metal & treasure detectors. Then they go & ruin their reputation by selling a gimic!! :eek:

:D Bionic detector DD :lol: ???

Goldchaser1 said:
Ded Driver said:

:D Bionic detector DD :lol: ???

@Goldchaser1 yeah m8. go back a page to post#15 &#19 on this. You will find a link on #15, & snippets of my queries to them on #19
Ffffffffn funny :lol:

Ran into the member who was the joke seller whilst prospecting great bloke with a great sense of humour. Shared a few stories and spots and never ran into him again. Same old story I keep telling, theres been some bloody good blokes come and go on here, the real gold is meeting them and sharing time together.

moeee said:
Manpa said:
Maybe we should sell these to the Nigerians and get some revenge!
Don't you like Nigerians ?
hahaha coz we all love scammers. I had an email once from Lagos (Nigeria). Said they were laywers & I had been identified as the last remaining relative of a guy who died & left just over $1million, & I should contact them asap to claim the estate.
I replied telling them that all foreign inheritances had to go thru the Aust Fed Police & Tax Office for clearance, & they should contact them first. Never heard back.
Never got my millions :lol: