Spiral panning wheel machine

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
elrodeo said:
I have one of these I would consider selling http://www.camelminingproducts.biz/desert-fox/
Goodness me - talk about blatant FAKE NEWS.
Not saying the Unit is no good , as it most likely is excellent.
But the advertising blurb says it will find 50 times more gold from concentrates than panning.

If I pan a 20 litre bucket of concentrates , and manage to find 7.8 grams of gold , 50 times that is 390 grams.
If there is 390 grams left in the concentrate , then those advertisers are welcome to it.
If there ain't , then they can give me 390 grams of gold for misleading advertising.

moeee said:
elrodeo said:
I have one of these I would consider selling http://www.camelminingproducts.biz/desert-fox/
Goodness me - talk about blatant FAKE NEWS.
Not saying the Unit is no good , as it most likely is excellent.
But the advertising blurb says it will find 50 times more gold from concentrates than panning.

If I pan a 20 litre bucket of concentrates , and manage to find 7.8 grams of gold , 50 times that is 390 grams.
If there is 390 grams left in the concentrate , then those advertisers are welcome to it.
If there ain't , then they can give me 390 grams of gold for misleading advertising.

Lol..yep definitely doesn't do that !! But will depend on how rich your concentrate is and how good/bad a panner you are . These work well if you screen your cons , but again it depends on what gold your getting, e.g chunk v's flour.

I bought it as was going through lots and lots of rich cons but moved to bigger processing unit so obsolete for my needs. Also the sit back and sink a beer or six factor and watch pretty trail of yellow was good bonus .

There's a good video on the unit floating around youtube , guy runs an ounce (maybe , cant remember) through the unit and checks for losses. I'll see if I can find it later.

Moeee the claim of 50x more gold is not suggesting that you are missing that much out of your cons by panning alone, its saying the processing power is simply higher than panning, albeit highly exaggerated.

I imagine they mean if you had 10x 20L buckets lined up of classified material you are going to process it faster than you can with a pan. Also by the looks of it the spirals are great on ultra fine gold.

I know after a long day panning (not much water for sluicing last summer) I start getting pretty bloody sore, sometimes surpassing 100 pans in a Garrett Super Sluice. :goldpan:

I imagine using that spiral machine I would have got there sooner and with less aching bones at the end of the day.

AussieChris said:
Moeee the claim of 50x more gold is not suggesting that you are missing that much out of your cons by panning alone, its saying the processing power is simply higher than panning, albeit highly exaggerated.
Copy and Paste "You will recover 50 times more gold with the Desert Fox Automatic Gold Panning Machine than working your concentrates by hand with a gold pan."
Pretty hard to misinterpret as being anything other than what it says.

50 times faster I have no problem with , but that is not what they say here.

Im not sure who wrote the blurb for it, but yeah it does seem over the top, if there is 5 grams of gold in 5 buckets of cons you are only ever going to recover 5 grams.
I read through the blurb and it was a bit odd claiming you lose massive amounts of gold with just panning.
I moved house recently and ran over half a 44 gallon drum of tailings through a blue bowl in case I missed a bit, only came up with a few micro dots. :goldnugget: :goldpan:
The machine should process screened paydirt faster than a pan over the course of a few hours. But it would not be even close to 50x faster.

AussieChris said:
Im not sure who wrote the blurb for it, but yeah it does seem over the top, if there is 5 grams of gold in 5 buckets of cons you are only ever going to recover 5 grams.
I read through the blurb and it was a bit odd claiming you lose massive amounts of gold with just panning.
I moved house recently and ran over half a 44 gallon drum of tailings through a blue bowl in case I missed a bit, only came up with a few micro dots. :goldnugget: :goldpan:
The machine should process screened paydirt faster than a pan over the course of a few hours. But it would not be even close to 50x faster.
Yeah just looking at something a little easier than panning when comes to removing floury gold from a large amount of cons .

Dan

moeee said:
Copy and Paste "You will recover 50 times more gold with the Desert Fox Automatic Gold Panning Machine than working your concentrates by hand with a gold pan."

Yes Moeee I hate those over the top claims :argh:

Outback said:
moeee said:

Yes Moeee I hate those over the top claims :argh:

Yeah there over the top claims , as long as it works then im for it , i was lucky to of found paydirt out west, it might be on one of my threads if you want to take a look. its taken me a year to pan the larger stuff and im down to flour gold . I dont really have the time to go through the dirt. There is a lot of it. Trying to save my back at the end of the day, as i could pan it out but have lower back issues at the moment.

Dan.

moeee said:
AussieChris said:

Love reading your replies mate. Your a little ray of sunshine aren't ya? :sunny: :cloudy:

If we were all really concerned maybe we can bulk email the company and see how they came up with this claim?

Sorry to hijack the OP thread, so I better stick to the topic. Those spiral wheels do a great job of seperation and beats cold hands on a winters day or bending over hand panning, I still think a mini sluice with black matting set up correctly is a cheaper option that you might consider if you find a spiral difficult to obtain.

OldGT said:
moeee said:
AussieChris said:

Love reading your replies mate. Your a little ray of sunshine aren't ya? :sunny: :cloudy:

If we were all really concerned maybe we can bulk email the company and see how they came up with this claim?

Sorry to hijack the OP thread, so I better stick to the topic. Those spiral wheels do a great job of seperation and beats cold hands on a winters day or bending over hand panning, I still think a mini sluice with black matting set up correctly is a cheaper option that you might consider if you find a spiral difficult to obtain.

Thanks mate,

Got one at a descent price now so thread closed.

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts