Camping in the Golden Triangle Vic information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stufire, my wife and I regularly camp free at Waanyarra just north of Dunolly. Theres also camping at Tarnagulla cheap. Theres also a free camp ground at Rheola at the caves. Theres also a free camp ground at Wedderburn. All of them we have stayed at. Plenty of detecting all around those areas.
Theres also a camping area at Moligul but I wouldnt leave your setup as its on a main road.

Research where you wish to detect and camp there, no need for camp grounds.

1535321403_camp.jpg

Tassie Daz said:
Stufire, my wife and I regularly camp free at Waanyarra just north of Dunolly. Theres also camping at Tarnagulla cheap. Theres also a free camp ground at Rheola at the caves. Theres also a free camp ground at Wedderburn. All of them we have stayed at. Plenty of detecting all around those areas.
Theres also a camping area at Moligul but I wouldnt leave your setup as its on a main road.

Thanks heaps for that info, it's very helpful and a good start. Others who have also helped I thank ye also. A great bunch of peoples'... :beer:

Hi I'm wanting to camp and detect for a couple of days in the Golden Triangle. Looking for free camping easy to get into with a slideon. Other people in the area camping, and of course large nuggets close by :playful:

If you like Dunolly you can free camp at Waanyarra there's a water tank (non drinkable) for washing up and a toilet block. Apart from that we've got a meet up organised for the Queens Birthday Weekend all you need to do is get your 10 post's up like Anniegee said and we can share the details of where we'll be going.

Wombatroo said:
Thank you I will check that out. Where is everyone going for the long weekend?

Details will be supplied to everyone by private mail (pm) who has answered in the members section and confirmed their attending. So to access the members section you will need your 10 post count, every member goes through the same process.

The reason for details supplied via the private message function is to protect the location before we arrive. It is public crown land and anyone is entitled to use the space, for group meetings we keep the location close at hand to give us the best possible opportunity to secure the camp site. It is accessible by 2 wheel drive and ample room for vans and camp trailers.

Anniegee said:
Posts #2 and #6 spell it out pretty clearly...so 4 more posts from you (anywhere on the forum) and you'll find out ...we all have to find out this way mate :)
Got it :)

OK I get it. I wasn't after details just a area. I'm guessing it will be busy first long weekend after Iso. Are you going?

RM Outback said:
Wombatroo said:
Thank you I will check that out. Where is everyone going for the long weekend?

Details will be supplied to everyone by private mail (pm) who has answered in the members section and confirmed their attending. So to access the members section you will need your 10 post count, every member goes through the same process.

The reason for details supplied via the private message function is to protect the location before we arrive. It is public crown land and anyone is entitled to use the space, for group meetings we keep the location close at hand to give us the best possible opportunity to secure the camp site. It is accessible by 2 wheel drive and ample room for vans and camp trailers.
OK thanks for that. I'm nearly there for the posts :)