Hi All

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday all, I am from Nsw been a prospector mainly panning and sluicing since 1992. Just finally decided to get a detector as my back dosnt like sluicing any more so got my self a SDC 2300... hope i can get some good results with it. First run with it to work it out yesterday found all sorts, Led shot, Bits of wire, brass nails and a bras button. was impressed at the depth i was finding the small led shot one bit was easy 8 inch's deep and gave a strong signal. So here's to finding heaps more crap and just maybe the odd bit of gold. Cheers

Wouldn't it be great if you could know when not to dig 8 inches deep for a lead shot ?
It's fun first thing in the day , but gets very old , very quick.
But how the heck does a lead shot get 8 inches deep ?

Cottoneye said:
Gday all, I am from Nsw been a prospector mainly panning and sluicing since 1992. Just finally decided to get a detector as my back dosnt like sluicing any more so got my self a SDC 2300... hope i can get some good results with it. First run with it to work it out yesterday found all sorts, Led shot, Bits of wire, brass nails and a bras button. was impressed at the depth i was finding the small led shot one bit was easy 8 inch's deep and gave a strong signal. So here's to finding heaps more crap and just maybe the odd bit of gold. Cheers

Welcome to the forum Cottoneye ..

LOL no my name is Kim but Years ago a mate reckoned i looked like the dude in the film clip, i used to have long hair and had
this beat up old hat i lived in, any way the nickname stuck and here we are. :lol:

G'day Cottoneye great intro and follow up with the nickname :Y:. Welcome to PA the 2300 is a ripper you'll be digging gold no doubt after reading that report. All the best when you get a chance to go detecting.

Welcome Cottoneye. They say if you find led shot you can find gold so you must be doing something right. The SDC is a great machine and hopefully it serves you well.

Gday Cottoneye ..
Stuart Town is about an hours drive and would be a good place to give the 2300 a swing ..
Get your post count up to 10 and you can access the members area of the forum also..
Cheers :Y:

Yeah mate i have been going out there found my first bit of gold with the sdc the other day .4 gramer so was happy with that.
nucopia said:
Gday Cottoneye ..
Stuart Town is about an hours drive and would be a good place to give the 2300 a swing ..
Get your post count up to 10 and you can access the members area of the forum also..
Cheers :Y:

Tanks everyone for the welcomes, will try and get on here a bit more often but trying to get out once or twice a week with the detector. Cheers

Latest posts