Tarnagulla Victoria information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys just letting you all know there was a burn off in tarnagulla and man you should see the gold coming up from the ground. If you want to know where it is inbox me now.

Go for it Lucky Streak, I'll be with you in spirit only(too far for me,...and to poor yet for FIFO), can't wait to see the photos !

That burn was about 6 - 8 weeks ago LS

1418862829_burn.jpg

casper said:
I congratulate you on your first contribution but are you for real? or are you just spamming the forum

Young inexperience coupled with sheer excitement and shall i say..... over-enthusiasm, thats all it is Casper!

But thats what its about....The hunt for gold in all its glory!

Let him have his fun i say mate!

Mind you, if he posts a pic of the 2oz nugget he found i will be spewin i said this...bahahaha!

I guess in the older days, thats how rush upon rush to other areas came into being.....mostly by rumour and those prepared to risk what they heard and believed!

If I saw gold coming out of the ground, I certainly wouldnt be posting it here though. Lol

;)

Hi all,

I am looking at heading out to Tarnagulla tomorrow (weather permitting), can anyone tell me where I can and Where I cannot detect? I would also like some info on Smythesdale & Cressy please.

Cheers

Jayse

Unreserved Crown Land and State Forest is legal to detect on. There's plenty of it up around there so get aquainted with Geovic and Forest Explorer to guide you to the appropriate areas.

Here's a link to Geovic to begin with http://er-info.dpi.vic.gov.au/sd_weave/anonymous.html

unfortunately cant give a reliable link for Forest Explorer because it is down for maintenance at the moment of posting this.

casper

Hi mate, just check out parks Victoria website. The state forest and national parks are very well marked and the private property is pretty obvious with the fences. God luck

I will be going to tarnagulla later in the month for the night and wanted to do some panning. Ive been doing some research but have realised its a big area and looks to be better for detecting.

So my question is, could anyone give me a lead on which creeks or gullys might have some water flow and a chance of a few specks.
Any help would be much appreciated :)

Pm's are welcome if you dont feel like telling the whole interweb

Pretty sure you need gumboots regardless what creek you go to as been raining well in the area recently

EDIT : NVM what I posted - I was thinking of somewhere other than tarnagulla.
The Tarnagulla I was thinking of is up near Yackandandah

EDIT : Tallangatta

Hi HP,
You could try the first creek crossing the Old Laanecoorie Rd, there is a cement pipe under the road on both sides of the road I have found gold. Also down the creek at the fork where the second creek that crosses the road joins in.
If you need any more info give me a PM
Cheers DB

I will be up there for other commitment anyway, so i will take the pan just incase.
Thanks again deepblue, your a champion :Y:

Latest posts