Bad day when the professionals get it wrong !

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dont know if anyone watches Time Team on pay tv but I was watching it this morning and the archeological guys were using there little trowel to digging away on a 15th century grave , in the background quite clearly was another guy with a metal detector.
He had a swing just like a golfer , 20 cm off the ground at either end and just as fast through his swing, Im not sure what he found.... probably not much... lol

Time Team does not use detectors, they normally have members of the public there with detectors, I think the last series was filmed in 2013 not long after Prof Mick Aston died.

If the guy was using a large coil then he might of swept it a fairway off the ground to ignore the small fine surface stuff.

ok that would explain it then if one of the public was doing it..Im still a rookie but everything Ive been taught and read says keep the coil flat at all times whilst swinging . :cool:

Ridge Runner said:
Time Team does not use detectors, they normally have members of the public there with detectors, I think the last series was filmed in 2013 not long after Prof Mick Aston died.

If the guy was using a large coil then he might of swept it a fairway off the ground to ignore the small fine surface stuff.
get facts right time team use metal detectors there is about 8 or 9 episodes were you see one of the staff using one :N:

1535939038_screenshot_1.jpg

Latest posts