Home made rock crusher

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers for posting Muk,

Question for you re the build as putting one together currently that will run off a petrol engine.... with the square flange bearings have you doubled down the rear side to prevent the need to come through the front ? that seems to be enough to keep the shaft straight while running? Also where did you pickup your keyed shaft from? about to start putting it all together next week... thinking of boring out and threading the end of the shaft so i can unclip from the frame/motor and screw on the 18v grinder for field testing...

GdAy bjarvie yes I did double up bearings at the back for extra strength not sure it needed it though 14mm thread to connect the grinder I did not use keyed shaft just round bar then tightend the bearing grub screws up seems to work well.I have left my crusher with my son in WA so Im now in the process of making another one it will be a bit bigger mounted on a frame with petrol/electric motor will be able to move it around like a wheel barrow it will be slightly different than my first one will put some photos up when I start putting it together cheers Muk.

Latest posts