In which part of Adelaide hill, it is the best for stone hunting?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Granite. ?
Quartz. ?
Slate. ?
Basalt. ?
Depends on what you are looking for. :idea:

Its possible to find diamonds the Echunga gold fields. There is a also a large quarry near Norton Summit but it has been a no go zone to the general public for some time, forget its name but it has some of the worlds best large clear and smokey quartz crystals that are held in museums around the world including Adelaide's. Perhaps if you knew them you could try asking. This came from underground near mount lofty but unfortunately no where near the surface so I only got smashed up fragments from a drilling rig but it shows there are various minerals in the hills to be found.
1535448286_1523083323_img_20180407_160632.jpg

Goldfreak said:
Its possible to find diamonds the Echunga gold fields. There is a also a large quarry near Norton Summit but it has been a no go zone to the general public for some time, forget its name but it has some of the worlds best large clear and smokey quartz crystals that are held in museums around the world including Adelaide's. Perhaps if you knew them you could try asking. This came from underground near mount lofty but unfortunately no where near the surface so I only got smashed up fragments from a drilling rig but it shows there are various minerals in the hills to be found. https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...1535448286_1523083323_img_20180407_160632.jpg

Thanks. It is very helpful.

How much money do you need ?
And how much do you expect to make when you get the Hit ?
You need to learn how to sell bags of gravel to stonemasons, then you'll know you are ready to make a quid..... everyone wants a lot of quid ! :Y:

Goldpick said:
In South Australia you don't need a permit to look for gemstones, though you are not allowed to sell them for profit - only as a recreational activity.

How do they know if you made a profit?
My gold nuggets cost me $8,500........the price of my detectors :money:

Latest posts