Ill never see parks and beaches the same way again!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So the wife and me head up to a place called Hay in nsw on Saturday to see some in laws , I seen the perfect time to slip the detector in.... we got there and I said the beach is on the way... so the wife said ok .... lol , I dont know how the council cleans the beach but a lonely $2 awaited us , time to see the rellies , I spot a potential empty block across the road..... Ill be back shortly lol .
Every park , paddock and beach is a potential site... lol
Three months ago I didnt know what a detector was lol
My how things change!!!

It's true that detecting is like traveling or sex... once you've tasted it, you can never get enough of it! Even if it's just a couple minutes there and there (even if it might be hard with traveling, though.)

I see a pile of gravel on the side of the road and think, pan's in the back of the car.
When I am driving around and see a paddock I am thinking I wonder if there was ever a homestead on that land.
Even when I am walking along my street which I know has houses 100 years old + I think hmmmm I wonder if they'd let me detect it.
hahaha :) :)

It's interesting to hear you talk about how you view roadside areas, paddocks etc, I found myself looking at the world very differently after doing a photography course, I'd look at things and think about the light, the composition, the rule of thirds etc.
I fully understand where you are all coming from.
Cheers

golddiggerart said:
I see a pile of gravel on the side of the road and think, pan's in the back of the car.
When I am driving around and see a paddock I am thinking I wonder if there was ever a homestead on that land.
Even when I am walking along my street which I know has houses 100 years old + I think hmmmm I wonder if they'd let me detect it.
hahaha :) :)
Haha thats the way I view the world now gda....:D

Manpa said:
It's interesting to hear you talk about how you view roadside areas, paddocks etc, I found myself looking at the world very differently after doing a photography course, I'd look at things and think about the light, the composition, the rule of thirds etc.
I fully understand where you are all coming from.
Cheers

I agree with that, was a professional photographer for over 10yrs, changes your perspective.

I am a delivery driver part time, so when I see something interesting I write it in my book, the device we use also has gps coordinates so that you can right down street names and gps.

Detecting does strange things to you. As I got out of my car yesterday to take the dog for a walk, my eyes tend to scan the ground constantly, especially in carpark areas. Spotted a loose pearl on the ground and shoved it in my pocket - don't know why, have no intentions of doing anything with it, just force of habit I guess. :)

Latest posts