1856 sovereign

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakergt

Moderating Team
Reaction score
1535001460_img_0895.jpg

Any takers

I'd prefer 37 grands worth of gold personally.
These coins are only worth what someone might pay for them and currently coin values are on the down slope. These online shops over value anyway. 2 years ago a mule dollar fetched a grand. Now they're getting more like 500 a piece.

Thats my observations from ebay.

Has anyone here dug up a sovereign?

me too i dont think there would be many of us that dont have one them way up near the top of the list of wanna finds .
i wonder how many have been found by casual metal detectorists such as ourselves over the years .
johno

I was expecting to see you had found one ;)
There have been a few on here in the last couple of years
Cant wait till i get to post one up ]:D

Let me check my wallet, umm, no. Can only imagine what my response would be finding one in the field - might need an ambulance to cart me away. :D

Goldpick said:
Let me check my wallet, umm, no. Can only imagine what my response would be finding one in the field - might need an ambulance to cart me away. :D
same , i'll get the nurse to post the photos up for you lot to see them :playful:

Yep found one many years ago, it was quite a buzz. Out of Avoca near Percydale haven't found any since. Know of a Doug Stone trip where one was found a Beaufort.
Can be a bit of a obsession after that collecting them can be trouble. :perfect: :perfect: :perfect:

Latest posts