Actually Building the Machine!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Whisp!

Just ordered some things:

- 2x Cable Chain 30x57 (45x79) mm + End Caps
- 5x 200 pcs Tyraps
- 1x 50 pcs Cable Screw Plates Stainless Steel
- 2x 100 pcs Cable Screw Plates
- 5x 2m Din Rail
- 4x 500 pcs ferrules
- 2x 2m wiring Ducts?

Total price 180 euro's... (+/- 200 AUD)

Everything you need like these small items are verry expensive but i need them, so i can remove one point from my todo list lol, the cable chains. Hopefully they arive soon and in the meanwhile ill draw a cabinet. And make a start for the algorithm, im wifeless and childless next week so i can do what i want and get some rest for the programming work.

I will make the cable cabinet from 40x40 and 40x80mm exstrusion aluminium. But i dont know how big it will be. Hope to draw it soon and order the parts. At this way i can easily mount the din rail on and also the drivers.

More Soon!!!

Hi Malri,

CVD Is a technic that i cannot use for cutting. Im just building my machine for genaral cutting. Just a hobby project. CVD is above my doing and also think you dont want to do that at home. And the equipement isnt available for me.

Greetings,

Christian

Hi Thomas and Thomas and the rest :)

I Think i have found the solution for controlling multi axis at once, i hope to program this today. Have thougth about how to use multi axis and its all about factors so if i do the calculations for the most pulses at a single axis the speed is determent by the first calculation. So no need to calculate the other axis. This way you can get the perfect triangle for example by two axis. If you can make perfect triangles you can make everything. So it would not matter how your or where your point is it wil always be a triangle. A computer generated circle is build by using only triangles.

I also have rewrite my accelleration and deaccelleration table and i can use that for creating the best start/stop.

YES! Its also possible to generate parabolic facets! :D

Hoping now that it also going as well as on the microcontroller. If im correct it will work on all axis at once! So im verry happy! Hope its going to work as i have in my head. This means i need to program everything and test the beest :p I can program it first on the pc but then i need to build my electronics cabinet.

Greets,

Christian

Hi folks,

Did some testing over the weekend and i think i need to take it as it is. Due to rounding the integers of the steps you'll get a loss in time and im not shure how to fix that because the arduino cannot handle in Nano Seconds... But im thinking im getting so verry close that i almost going to rewrite my program for the arduino and test it on the machine.

Here are the test results for starting the motor its not complete yet, its only starting the motor not yet stopping etc. As you can see i have a time difference 427uS between the two axis. This is caused by rounding the delay length. For the rest it should work.

Accel_Test_Multi_Axis.jpg

The red and blue lines presenting the steps of the motor. At the debug below are the test results. Im thinking that i will test this on a arduino and continue the build.

Christian

Edit:

I was thinking about executing the steps but i think i can scatter the time difference over the length of the pulses. Becourse the delay of the pulse is the length/speed of the motor. So mayby i can set the delay into the on time of the motor pulse. And the calculated time wil be as is for the delay time in the off time between the two pulses.

Uhm.... if i am correct the delay time between the pulses is causing the speed of the motor. But the delay time of the pulse does almost nothing (needs to be constand) But mayby i can use the loss time in the 'HIGH' moment of the puls.

Sorry that it is hard to understand this im thinking out loud :p

The above is not going to work... Almost got it but not there yet. I need to use the red line as an example and do my calculation on that one. Hope its going to work. Sorry if im making it myself a bit hard but im better off at the end of the story! :)

Christian

Still having some problems but these can be ignored. For now i need to run each axis alone. So i will do that. The other problem im now facing is that my miller, my friend cannot mill at this time, he has some medical issues and needs to recover. So the only thing i can do is build a new CNC Router to complete the facetting machine. Its taking a lot longer than i hoped but we will continue!

New Video!

[video=800,600]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfnMkJfjpqc[/video]

Hi There,

Soon verry soon i will do a new update for the machine by the way i tried yesterday one of the automatic toolchangers for the machine, have ordered an compressor, i hate those things always if i want to use those they are defect or broken lol. But the test did fine! Its a 4 liter Jun Air compressor 8-13 bar 33db, nice thingie but an oldie. It does its thing but still complaining about compressors :p lol.

Here the test video:

[video=800,600]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F9NzgHkOcs[/video]

Soon more, already started with the electronics!!! And found some one who wanted to help me for the cutting discs!

Greets,

Christian

Major update!

Didnt do much on the new cnc but worked on the faceting machine :- ) Did some cable work and made the compressor for the tool changers, just watch the video. Hope to do some more next time!

[video=800,600]https://youtu.be/07F77zb7lDw[/video]

See ya around! If there still watching some people. (I hope)

Greets,

Christian

Thanks Gill! Im also still looking for materials for the new cnc machine. Next friday my friend comes and he is taking me to a whole sale of industrial things mayby i can get some aluminium and some other things for the faceting machine but also for the cnc router. But there is some progress in the machine :)

Been a while since you posted something new here Christian, how is the machine coming along?

Yes thats right! But i dont stand still! I finaly managed to control the motors perfectly in a graph (schematic) so i need to wire up my microcontoller and do some programming now, but i will make a new video of where i am now. Im also waiting for some things where i made some drawings for such as 20x conus for the automatic tool changer and 16 pieces 8mm underlay laps 200mm in diameter and some other things. In the meanwhile im also lerning much about pneumatics. So all the short movements will be done by pneumatics.

All with all, i soon can do the motors, i wrote a piece of software to control 7 motors at once but not yet synchronously but also got a good solution to do this also! But requires an SD card to run beqourse the amount of data that it is using and the speed (1 megabyte per second).

So these functions can i use for all 7 motors:

- Homeing
- Positioning
- Repeation Number
- Continuous Repeation

These are the first ill program, ive redone this 3 times now and i had first 500 programming rules for doing the motor steps, speed controlled etc... a week later i did it again but in 50 programming rules. And last week i did the same thing in 4 programming rules and now it is all working perfect!

Hope that my aluminium undelayment discs (laps) are done next week and then ill will make a new video. Did a lot of work lately!

Greets,

Christian

Latest posts