Nugget Finder NF 12x8 Evo coil Evolution

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterdays results.
These were found while I was further up the creek exploring
with my SDC so I could not do a comparison while the nuggets
were in situ before digging them up.
I will say in fairness, The deeper nugglet was not found by the
SDC as I had gone over the same ground last week.
It was also sitting under some slate as well and we were both
quite surprised with the results.
All up, This coil is very sensitive and I would rate it very, very
close to an SDC with these flattened bits.
We were hoping to find a prickly bit to really test it out but alas,
We could not find any more.
The coil is not so sensitive on edge sensitivity but I would expect
that taking into consideration the coils construction methods.
Anyway, Some photo's to give a perspective.
I am looking forwards to receiving mine when they come available.
Hi Doug,
I thought I'd give you some pictures of today's effort, especially over
ground that's been gone over a few times with different coils.
9" for the 0.48g, 6-7" for the 0.4g and 5" for the 0.15g.
The Tester

1532315952__20180722_195217.jpg

1532315952__20180722_195303.jpg

1532315952__20180722_195338.jpg

1532315952_depth_shot.jpg

1532315952_dsc_0910.jpg

1532315952_dsc_0914.jpg

Sounds like this coil is well into GB2 territory as far as detection of tiny sizes, yet its much deeper than a vlf on those tiny bits. Hmm. I was in the market for a vlf nugget machine but maybe this coil would suffice for the tiniest of nuggets left in old patches.

Gday fellas, after spending a a year or two using the standard coilteck 11dd and the 15x12 mono supplied with the 4500 I come to the conclusion that the gold that still coming out of the areas I have been is Too small/small and deep for my coils so Im looking at a coil more suited for smaller stuff.
I like the look of both the new 12x8 nf and the new 9 round coilteck elite is there a chance we can get a comparison on the two and any recommendation as to which would be a better buy / pros and cons

Well, I've been suckered in to getting this new Evo 12x8 Coil (thanks to a small end of financial year bonus). I've asked for one to be put aside and picking it up tomorrow. Couldn't resist the ability to find small gold, getting close to the SDC. Know it won't be as good as an SDC but still tiny. Will give it a run up Maryborough Vic way this weekend. Can't wait to get out and let the troubles of the world melt away, and hopefully find some yella. :p

Dignit said:
Know it won't be as good as an SDC but still tiny. Will give it a run up Maryborough Vic way this weekend. Can't wait to get out and let the troubles of the world melt away, and hopefully find some yella. :p

That really depends in the target. On normal nuggets even down to 0.1g you'll be surprised just how well it will go. I have also tested a few of my SDC/gpz finds of the prickly/porous variety, and this coil is the best so far on these targets mated to the 5000.

Let us know how you go.

Latest posts