You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Rattail-1927
21 August 2018 06:50 pm

Zorgs wrote:

Been doing a bit of testing and best bang for buck and minimal effort has been Hydrochloric acid so far. I tried some silver/gold/copper coins, took about 30 seconds in solution to clean all the black/dirt away.

I'd probably dilute it for a large lot and let it sit for a couple of minutes with a bit of agitation, then rinse with water.

Note it will slightly pit some coins. This is for clean and spend only, make sure the 20 isn't a florin! I guess composition changed some years because some of the same denomination coins are bright and some are dull!
I know this is a ancient thread but I read somewhere all Pre-Decimal coins are 50% silver and a fair bit of nickel, where as current silver coins are 75% copper and a bit of nickel and a few other small amounts different mixtures on top

Apologies if it's been covered before.

X-Terra 705 Dual Pack , wireless headphone kit, Minelab Pro-Find 35 pinpointer , KT-6808 tumbler
Oldest Coin Found : Aussie 1948 Three pence

Upside
21 August 2018 08:19 pm

Although a little bit cheeky , I put all my dirty $1 and $2 coins in the local coke machine and press coin refund.

They come out spotless big_smile

6 users like this post: taje00, Eldorado, RM Outback, Smoky bandit, spoon, Rattail-1927

Eldorado
21 August 2018 09:43 pm

Upside wrote:

Although a little bit cheeky , I put all my dirty $1 and $2 coins in the local coke machine and press coin refund.

They come out spotless big_smile

Just like magic.Tada.

1 user likes this post: Sandta