7000 - different coils being tested

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Especially the last post by Kon61gold
I'm still not convinced that any coil/s for the GPZ would be feasible without input from Minelab. Pretty sure that to function properly the GPZ needs to be able to detect what coil is attached? That would possibly need a proprietary chip in the coil + software update for the Zed? In any case the GPZ knows what coil is attached either GPZ14 or GPZ19 so my thinking is it would need to "know" what aftermarket coil was attached too?
The photos look like some doing the rounds from awhile ago that went nowhere. Time will tell but I tend to agree with Kon.

More info from davsgold:
davsgold said:
Araratgold said:
There are supposed to be new coils coming from an aftermarket mob for the ZED, so it's versatility will increase dramatically ! :Y:

Cheers,
Rick

Yes that's correct, I have tested the 18" prototype and it works fine, there are now 4 more coils in Australia for testing again.

These are the 4 that are now being tested
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6570/1534667033_img_5939.jpg

This is the 18" that I tested
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...348_dave_ready_for_another_days_detecting.jpg

cheers dave
1534727040_1534667033_img_5939.jpg

1534727065_1534667348_dave_ready_for_another_days_detecting.jpg

mbasko said:
Video of the overseas made GPZ 18" coil being used in WA. To be able to use these coils you'll need an adapter which can currently only be made by sacrificing/modifying a GPZ14 or GPZ19 coil using its plug end.
[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/7XrFNiY7q6o[/video]

there is no way know to man that i would hack a coil 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

what minelab give is what is used :cool:

That might be fair enough for the CTX which has a number of different coil options ctxkid but for GPZ7000 users there is limited coil options & many people like to be able to prospect using different coil sizes & shapes.
Best case scenario - Minelab help aftermarket coil makers bring options to us. Can't really see that happening though so many will be quite happy to modify the standard 14" or 19" coils to get more versatility.

Whether Coiltek &/or Nugget Finder develop or have developed coils for the Zed or not the same problem remains.
Unless Minelab come to the party & provide the chips/plug ends then you'll most likely need to modify an existing coil to allow them to work. Could be the reason local manufacturers have held off with putting anything out?

Ok I didn't know there was a section for the 7000 aftermarket coils on here. I will add info as it becomes available, testing is a slow process as you can all appreciate and needs to be done.

I used the prototype 18" coil on my 7000 and for a week or so use I got a bit over an ounce of gold and the largest I got was a 4.14g nugget in extremely noisy ground at about 8" deep.

At that stage this was the only coil in Australia from the overseas mob, there are now 4 more here and will be getting a good testing over the next month or two.

Here are the next 4 coils for testing and most likely will be the same as the ones that will become available for sale here if all goes well.
1534743721_img_5939.jpg

And the patch lead made from the GPZ19" coil lead, it has a 5 pin plug on the end to take the aftermarket coil, same female plug end as on any standard GPX type coil would plug into.
1534743800_patch_lead.jpg

cheers dave

Ok these new batch of overseas aftermarket coils are in the field being tested this week and Stan will giving me the results when he gets back in with the results, the weather has turned bad overnight with some rain so I hope he's going ok out there.

cheers dave

Well, bugger bugger, the new revamped coils were not what we were hoping for, they are way way to sensitive for our ground in Aus, and basically unusable. Stan went back to using the 18" prototype which was and still is great, and I think the overseas guys will have to keep the same setup that they used in this one for our Aus conditions.

Stan was overwhelmingly disappointed, :( as he had very high hopes for the upgraded ones.

Much more testing

cheers dave

Latest posts