Warwick area Qld camping information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cando

Noel
Reaction score
Karara free camp area no longer free (Warwick area)
Well it had to happen. Apparently because of the scabs not playing the game and didn't pay the lousy $4 (fee per person) showers and toilets. The free camping has been cancel. It now will cost you $20 per unpowered site ie (1 tent or caravan) and for a powered site 25. For anyone who has Camped at karara, you will think these prices are a tad High like myself but I'm not going to bitch about it as I understand why. Yes I always paid for a powered site even when I wasn't using it. From now on I'll probably camp elsewhere as I can't justify $75 per trip out there. It's a shame karara community loses out both ways. I believe there is still free camping at Inglewood and Leyburn for people interested in the free camping. And there are a few farm stays in the area but I'm not sure on pricing.

That is disappointing to read Cando . People wont pay that ....!

Is it a council decision or is that area owned by the showground / show committee ....?

I stayed there a few times back in 2014 , the toilets had not long been done .

Surely this will affect the pub .....?

The Grey Gonad travellers are a pretty savvy group & as someone who travelled full time for 5 years word of that will get around &
people wont stop there .

Having done some basic caretaker work , something they should consider is getting a caretaker ..!!

Caretaker would get free power & water - in return the caretaker could collect the donations / small fees / keep toilet clean ..?

There is no shortage of travellers who do it .

Anthony

Any good free camping grounds or spots, in Warwick that allow dogs and you can stay at for a week or more ?

Not sure if the council had a part of it. new prices started this weekend and end of free camping this weekend. I got all this information from The Publican. I don't know the full story. I've seen a lot of people using the facilities but haven't paid, and sadly good percentage of them were people who just passing through who are semi permantly on the road. The shower block slash toilets will be locked with a code lock apparently. you still have to go to the pub to pay. There are a council drop toilets will be unlocked for people passing through they use only. I don't know how they are going to police it. I've had to put a yellow sticker on my car for this weekend and display my receipt. Yes the pub probably suffer a little bit but most of the people that abusing the system didn't go to the pub anyway from what I sow. The pub always got 100 plus off me, fuel etc. It doesn't sound like they have thought it through.. anyways I thought I'd let people know that shite is changing out here so you don't get a fright when you turn up. ;)

Will check out Karara. Camping grounds again over the long weekend. The committee put up the fees from 12 to 25 for powered sites and to use the showers. But think there is no fee for the non power sites Before xmas there was a big fight over it Will check and report back. I stay at pub. Can't walk that far, wonder why

Back from Karara. Free camping at non powered sites Public toilets ok. Powered sites 25 with access to showers

Only one staying for weekend.

I didn't go out 41 in bush could only last. 1hr only lead. Too hot. Only have 18 days to go back in Ballarat

Thanks. Mark

Latest posts