Hot Rocks and Tin Foil

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob ...................... five flags store. ;) Used to get a bob for lunch when I went to the Campbells Creek state school. Used to buy a bostun bun for 6 pence (the size of a dinner plate) and a bottle of Cohns cobbers soft drink for lunch. Then take the bottle back for the threepence refund and get a huge bag of assorted broken biscuits for that threepence. All the broken bits from the row of big tins of biscuits that many would remember ?
Golden point res ? Swimming and fishing spot with the Faraday school at the end of the road where it meets the Calder Highway. Famous for the hostage / kidnapping in it's day

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...e628d584f75b&usg=AOvVaw3esZJ4-YTeRcp_3XLC8sDI

That school was built in the 1860,s served the farming community and I expect initially the miners families.Sold last year.In 1872 it was a prime target for a kidnapping due to its isolated location and they soon closed it. I did some exploring behind the res. for diggings and a bit further away accidentally came upon the lost Welsh Village in the forrest.It was quiet big with stone foundations and I should have quickly started detecting for coins as when I went back after a few months it was closed to the public and the whole site protected under heritage laws.
I used to climb Mt.Alexander from the Oak Forrest and near the top there were more flat areas and once I saw a huge cat light brown in color which I concluded must have been a Mountain Lion or Cougar.