Coiltek 9" Elite coil information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Coiltek just announced this morning that there will be a 9" round added to the line up.

I'd think this will allow a gpx to find sdc size gold?

I found a 0.04 bit on the weekend with the 11" elite so I can only imagine how sensitive this new coil will be.

Might also go well in high emi areas with still more depth than a 11" dd?

PhaseTech said:
Be interesting to see how it compares to the 14x9" Evo and the 8x6" sadie.

Nenad,

I think it will compare favourably with those coils. It will be also interesting to see how small it can go on gold after more get it after the release, the SDC has cornered that market at the moment.

GemQ said:
PhaseTech said:
Be interesting to see how it compares to the 14x9" Evo and the 8x6" sadie.

Nenad,

I think it will compare favourably with those coils. It will be also interesting to see how small it can go on gold after more get it after the release, the SDC has cornered that market at the moment.

Be a deadly weapon to have in the arsenal if it can pick up those small prickly ones :Y:

I will never buy another coiltek coil,every single one has been bump sensitive, I will wait for NF to bring one out

I cannot imagine a coil more sensitive than the Nugget Finder Evolution 14x9, I can consistently find #9 birdshot with it up to 3" deep with a decent signal. That is some tiny shot. My 14" coiltek elite round can barely hear the #9 shot near the surface and is near impossible to pinpoint it.

The center row of my avatar, third up from the bottom, is a .55 gram piece that is somewhat porous, found that with the NF Evo 14x9 at a solid 8" depth in flogged ground. Perhaps this new Elite 9" round will compete with the Gold bug 2 and its sensitivity, if so it would be much quieter to use than any vlf on the gold fields plus the added advantage of more depth, will be interesting to follow the reviews of the 9" Elite.

Apparently rowan is bring out an evo about 8.1/2inch before the elite will be interesting to compare them both on performance and price put it on a 4500 and you should have an sdc on steroids lol.PP

GemQ said:
Jarrod,

Here are a couple of videos. The smallest bit found was 0.03g and if we can get some cooler weather hopefully I can pull together some more performance videos.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/C-x4QExti0k[/video]

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/EI37uvKZmiA[/video]
Hey mate in the vid this coil seems fairly noisy, is this due to the camera and in actual fact it run a lot smoother ?

Well I just picked up my 9 elite from the miners den, cant wait to go give it a swing and hopefully recover some yellow stuff

Sensitivity issues?
I took mine for a walk on the weekend , I found it to be very sensitive.... maybe a little too sensitive, even in enhance mode she was giving clean signals on small hot rocks, and small bits of wire or boot tacks absolutely screamed.
Maybe some adjustments on the settings to dumb it down a little to avaoid the false signals I encountered and the response to hot rocks but I feel if I had put her over a small nugget i would definitely know but Id say anything bigger then half a gram will sound like a tin can

Waved the 9 around a bit this week end with great results, 4 lil mugs to a total of 1.86 g
Smallest being 0.16g from about 4-6inches deep. Cant wait to get back out with it now
1556189146_25747b62-2ee3-42c6-b10b-c41a142cb2a2.jpg