HI THERE FROM 2 NEWBIES IN HEATHCOTE NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi There,
My Son and I have just started our prospecting adventure. He has always been interested in collecting different gems and now he wants to take it up level and try to find some gold. We have a trip planned in September to take us from Sydney to Lightning Ridge and back again stopping along the way to search for gold or anything else we may come across and maybe even a few opals. I purchased an Equinox 800 the other day and some panning gear and have been reading post after post on here to plan out our Adventure. From what I have read here we will have a very busy 2 weeks.
Thanks for all the info
Terry

Welcome to the forum. Good luck on the road trip. Hope you find lots of the yellow stuff.

Thanks for the warm welcome,
We have a ruff idea of places we would like to visit on our trip to Lightning Ridge. Firstly we will likely start in Sunny Corner and make our way through WattleFlat, Sofola and Turon then up to Hillend. After Hillend we will come back down and around to Ophir and up through Stuart town to Dubbo where we will also visit the Zoo. Then from Dubbo to Lightning Ridge I don't really have a plan so if anyone has some ideas we would love to hear them. After Lightning Ridge we will head back down to Sydney Via Newcastle to visit my brother and may stop off at Nundle on the way. We would also love to hear of any great spots along the way that we can camp at, its always good to hear of campsites that people love.
Thanks again Terry :D :D :D

These are the places we have in mind to go to. We most likely wont make it to all of them as we have seen from the times we have been detecting that it is very time consuming. But would love any opinion on which of these places we should definitely go to this time and save the other places we miss for our next adventure. Happy detecting

Latest posts