Nugget Finder Evo 14x9 vs 15 solid round

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New guy here to the site! Amazing wealth of information I must say! Thank you for having me.

Im based in Bendigo and use a GPX 4500 primarily with the supplied 11 Commander Mono. Im looking to upgrade to an Evo coil.

I have detected with a bloke running a 15 solid Evo and I could not believe the sensitivity and how stable it ran compared to my Commander 11.

I have watched a bunch of videos on The 12 Evo, 14x9(which gets amazing reviews) and the 15 solid but Im just not sure which one to go.

I also own a Minelab Gold Monster which I will be selling to help fund the new Evo coil and a 8x6 Sadie to make up for the whole in my life that was once the gold monster :(

Any help or input would be much appreciated.

The new 12x8 evo was released yesterday just to make it easy for you.
How long have you been detecting with the 4500 and I gather mainly around Bendigo ,the 14x9 will not get the depth off the 15 evo but its more sensitive
on the smaller targets regards john :Y:

If you have not bought any yet,
2 coils,
Evo 15" spoke,
New Evo 12x8.
Won't go wrong with both.
Very good arsenal. :Y: :Y:

Oh no, my reply didnt go through. Here goes again hahaha.

I am based in Bendigo so most my time is spent here but I have ventured to Castlemaine, Maldon, Creswick and Inglewood on the hunt. I usually get out 4 times a week or so.

I did see the new 12x8 release but would really love the ground coverage and deep punching of the larger coils. Ive tried my hardest to find a comparison of 14x9 and 15 but there isnt much out there.

I have had the 4500 for a little over a month now and the wife says I cant use two detectors at once so the GM has to go. Thats why Im looking into coils, put the money back into what I love doing ;)

Tathradj said:
If you have not bought any yet,
2 coils,
Evo 15" spoke,
New Evo 12x8.
Won't go wrong with both.
Very good arsenal. :Y: :Y:

With these two coils you will have the best options for the 4500.
One punches deep and the other very sensitive to small gold.
From what I have read the 12X8 will be a game changer for the
4500 and 500 making them identify small gold similar to the SDC.

I too hunt around Bendigo so we may run into each other.

Good luck
HH

Gunfire I think you just answered you own question the 15 evo spoked is the way to go for the deep gold you described, the 14x9 will not punch as deep as I said its sensitive on the smaller gold but the 15 is not to bad on it to ,get a 15 and up the track you may decide to get a 12x8 regards john :Y:

Latest posts