Castlemaine Victoria area information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1533817134_1392201293_image.jpg

Chuky boy, your in vic and im in the west, so when i find one about this size i need you to find similar to balance things out. :Y: :cool:

Can't help you with Castlemaine,but if you can't find one that size, I've got some that size you can pick one from.

I thought that brick was an early model mobile phone?? :p

The bloke on the far right hasn't had too many photos taken I reckon.

Good luck with the 15+ gram nuggets. If you're out there you've got more chance than sitting on the couch :Y:

Cow Cocky said:
Spent the day in around Kingower, Rheola and Macintyre, plenty of lead, wire, nails etc but we did finish the day with a nice little 3G nugget.

Give us a look :Y:

Nice piece chucky boy :Y: did you find it today or yesterday. With the wind yesterday I wasn't game to drive any further than I had to let alone detect in it 8).

RM Outback said:
Nice piece chucky boy :Y: did you find it today or yesterday. With the wind yesterday I wasn't game to drive any further than I had to let alone detect in it 8).

Yesterday mate. The wind wasn't too bad, might be a different story out there today though.

Sorry for the late reply. Here are the coordinates to a 15g plus nugget.
37 4'10.93"S, 14415'37.52"E
Happy digging

if your interested,
the photo was taken in hannan st kalgoorlie. you can see the exchange hotel in the background. the fella in the light suit is the finder of the golden eagle nugget at larkinville, his name is jim larcombe 17 years old, his dad also jim is behind him. the place were there standing is just about in front or not far from were my grandmother had a dress shop in the late 40`s till the 60`s.
that little nugget weighed in at 1,136 ounces or 32,200 grams or 35.5kg :cool:

Chuky boy said:
Hi all, im headed up to castlemaine for the weekend. Any recommendations where I can find a 15g+ nugget?

Donkey Gully Rd .................... Showells Hill ;)

The day that photo was taken was the windiest day ever recorded at Kal.
I f you look you can see it was plainly blowing from right to left. :)
Rob.