Pine plantation

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wags76

Wayne
Reaction score
Hi there oh wise people,

Please could someone answer this for me.

Geovic maps of crown land shows a pine plantation as being crown land, can you detect on that land?

Thanks all :)

Every spot is different of course but on the whole pine plantations are privately owned or leased land.

I don't know a heap about the industry but I would doubt that government departments manage pine forest these days.

If it's near you I would check out any signs around the plantations. HVP are the main crew around my neck of the woods and there are often signs indicating UHF channel use, etc.

Best to check with whoever does manage it because essentially you are not allowed in them unless you have permission, some main roads are public access but most are not and even public access roads are out of bounds during harvest periods.

:Y:

I have detected through plantations. Where I live there are tracks through them that people go through to camp and fish or access the river all the time.

Very rarely do I see a sign saying no access.

Just use common sense and fill any holes you dig. They were often planted to reclaim land that was dredged. You should see plenty of mullock if they are on an old gold field.

NortheastGold said:
I have detected through plantations. Where I live there are tracks through them that people go through to camp and fish or access the river all the time.

Very rarely do I see a sign saying no access.

Just use common sense and fill any holes you dig. They were often planted to reclaim land that was dredged. You should see plenty of mullock if they are on an old gold field.

or rich alluvial workings now ripped up and filled in when they do the ripping every 10 or so years

G'Day Wags,
I've been detecting around Creswick of late and these are Crown Lands leased by HVP. You can apply for permission to do recreational things on their land through their website. I tend to just go with the flow as the ones i go to are not fenced and if i was to encounter anyone i would be polite, courteous and show them the holes i dug and filled in, if you could see them! I think that depending on where you are and if the tracks are open they wouldn't care too much. The HVP website also shows where current operations are so steer clear of these. Hope this helps. Chris

Northeast said:
Every spot is different of course but on the whole pine plantations are privately owned or leased land.

I don't know a heap about the industry but I would doubt that government departments manage pine forest these days.

If it's near you I would check out any signs around the plantations. HVP are the main crew around my neck of the woods and there are often signs indicating UHF channel use, etc.

Best to check with whoever does manage it because essentially you are not allowed in them unless you have permission, some main roads are public access but most are not and even public access roads are out of bounds during harvest periods.

:Y:
Thanks for the info on HVP
I checked there website and theres the application to access the land so Ill look into filling in my information to get a permit.

Thanks

Latest posts