You are not logged in.

  • Register to access all forum features  

#76

Dave79
Member
Joined: 30 May 2018
Posts: 328
Member
04 August 2018 04:20 pm

1533359712_rps20180804_151223.jpg
Not much luck today, we need more big storms! Dug all the jumpy signals today and while most were trash the coins were all hiding next to trash. The bleepin power lines right on the beach don't help either.


Prospecting must be like fishing, the big one keeps getting away!

9 users like this post: Smoky bandit, numpty, The Scrounger, 7.62marksman, ktmman, golddiggerart, eve0001, spoon, Secret Squirrels

#77

Smoky bandit
Member
Joined: 05 April 2016
Posts: 2,891
Member
04 August 2018 05:12 pm

They been still for quite a while thumbsup
Nice thumbsup


No pain No gain..

1 user likes this post: Dave79

#78

silver
Member
Joined: 19 December 2013
Posts: 13,970
Member
04 August 2018 06:48 pm

I think that's a shilling Dave big_smile
thumbsup cool thumbsup


What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

1 user likes this post: Dave79

#79

Dave79
Member
Joined: 30 May 2018
Posts: 328
Member
04 August 2018 07:20 pm

silver wrote:

I think that's a shilling Dave big_smile
thumbsup cool thumbsup

It is! party The lemon juice is working it's magic. Also looks like a 1918 commonwealth penny. Would be nice if that one was in uncirculated condition cry


Prospecting must be like fishing, the big one keeps getting away!

1 user likes this post: silver

#80

Dave79
Member
Joined: 30 May 2018
Posts: 328
Member
07 August 2018 03:38 pm

1533616316_rps20180807_142735.jpg1533616333_rps20180807_142616.jpg
Managed to find a little spot in an old Goldfield that hasn't been swept clean. Though I was onto a monster nugget patch at first yikes Think the round thing is the lid off a little jewellery box or locket. It had flowers painted on it a long time ago.


Prospecting must be like fishing, the big one keeps getting away!

10 users like this post: Smoky bandit, numpty, The Scrounger, Heatho, golddiggerart, Ship of fools, Goldpick, spoon, 7.62marksman, silver

#81

The Scrounger
Banned
Joined: 09 April 2018
Posts: 573
Banned
07 August 2018 06:09 pm

I wonder what you might find next party

Nice little painted lid,is it silver smile


Don't Expect People to welcome you when your light Shines Brighter Than Theirs - My Happiness reminds people Of Their Misery.

1 user likes this post: Dave79

#82

Dave79
Member
Joined: 30 May 2018
Posts: 328
Member
07 August 2018 08:44 pm

The Scrounger wrote:

I wonder what you might find next party

Nice little painted lid,is it silver smile

Unfortunately not. Brass I think.


Prospecting must be like fishing, the big one keeps getting away!

1 user likes this post: The Scrounger

#83

golddiggerart
Member
From: Frankston , VIC
Joined: 26 May 2014
Posts: 3,336
Member
07 August 2018 08:44 pm

Very nice finds mate.... smile thumbsup I like that old lid?


Never give up on your dreams.... They are all worthy of your focus.....

1 user likes this post: Dave79

#84

Goldpick
Moderator
From: Mount Gambier
Joined: 07 November 2013
Posts: 7,649
Moderator
08 August 2018 12:22 am

Might have been a centre piece for a large pendant. I love finding the older Vic era jewellery, despite not being worth much they still provide a good window into the past on what was typically worn at the time.


Prospecting gear: Used - Whites GM3, GM2, GMT, ML XT17000, ML X-Terra 305, Garrett Gold Stinger, Tesoro Vaquero, Nokta RS pinpointer, Minelab Explorer SE Pro/Etrac, Ace 250
Current - XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics G2, Whites SPP, Garrett Infinium, Minelab Go-Find 60, XP MI-6, Minelab Profind, Whites Bullseye TRX, Deteknix X-pointer, Garrett AT Pointer

2 users like this post: Dave79, Secret Squirrels

#85

Secret Squirrels
Member
From: Yorke Peninsula, SA
Joined: 12 July 2016
Posts: 755
Member
08 August 2018 01:52 pm

The beauty of the Nox is it will ping those coins regardless of the emi. wink I run it over ground now that i couldn't detect because of underground power. you just need to find the quietest setting and either ignore the noise or run in discrim which cuts out the bulk. thumbsup

Dave79 wrote:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … 151223.jpg
Not much luck today, we need more big storms! Dug all the jumpy signals today and while most were trash the coins were all hiding next to trash. The bleepin power lines right on the beach don't help either.


GPX 4500/SD 2000/FT 1600/Xterra 505/Equinox 800/Pro Find Pinpointer

1 user likes this post: Dave79

#86

Dave79
Member
Joined: 30 May 2018
Posts: 328
Member
09 August 2018 10:05 am

Secret Squirrels wrote:

The beauty of the Nox is it will ping those coins regardless of the emi. wink I run it over ground now that i couldn't detect because of underground power. you just need to find the quietest setting and either ignore the noise or run in discrim which cuts out the bulk. thumbsup

Dave79 wrote:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … 151223.jpg
Not much luck today, we need more big storms! Dug all the jumpy signals today and while most were trash the coins were all hiding next to trash. The bleepin power lines right on the beach don't help either.

By descrim do you mean silence all the tones except the ID's you are chasing? I have generally been switching to 5 or 10 kHz single freq when the noise drives me crazy but that seems to make smaller targets disappear.


Prospecting must be like fishing, the big one keeps getting away!

#87

Dave79
Member
Joined: 30 May 2018
Posts: 328
Member
09 August 2018 10:11 am

Goldpick wrote:

Might have been a centre piece for a large pendant. I love finding the older Vic era jewellery, despite not being worth much they still provide a good window into the past on what was typically worn at the time.

Think it might be half a locket, there's half a hinge on the back. Worth nothing but very interesting. Would have been a pretty tough life for a lady on a late 19th century gold field recently hacked out of the bush and a full days travel away from 'civilization '


Prospecting must be like fishing, the big one keeps getting away!

#88

Secret Squirrels
Member
From: Yorke Peninsula, SA
Joined: 12 July 2016
Posts: 755
Member
09 August 2018 11:23 am

Yeah Dave, if you do it that way it will generally only chatter when you put the tector down to dig a target or when you rest the coil on the ground. You can also drop the Sens if needed. thumbsup Or alternatively clarify (view) the numbers the emi is affecting and shut those numbers down. wink Doing it the single frequency way works fine but then you have to cover the ground in each freq. thumbsdown

Dave79 wrote:
Secret Squirrels wrote:

The beauty of the Nox is it will ping those coins regardless of the emi. wink I run it over ground now that i couldn't detect because of underground power. you just need to find the quietest setting and either ignore the noise or run in discrim which cuts out the bulk. thumbsup

Dave79 wrote:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … 151223.jpg
Not much luck today, we need more big storms! Dug all the jumpy signals today and while most were trash the coins were all hiding next to trash. The bleepin power lines right on the beach don't help either.

By descrim do you mean silence all the tones except the ID's you are chasing? I have generally been switching to 5 or 10 kHz single freq when the noise drives me crazy but that seems to make smaller targets disappear.


GPX 4500/SD 2000/FT 1600/Xterra 505/Equinox 800/Pro Find Pinpointer

1 user likes this post: Dave79

#89

Dave79
Member
Joined: 30 May 2018
Posts: 328
Member
10 August 2018 06:58 pm

1533887599_rps20180809_153607.jpg
Woo hoo, made it to a fresh cut beach first and got my first little bit of gold! Only 9ct but also a 925 ring and I reckon that was my first 10 dollar day on the spendies too. The only old coin is an English 3p. Never come across one like that before.


Prospecting must be like fishing, the big one keeps getting away!

12 users like this post: ctxkid, Wally69, spoon, Heatho, The Scrounger, numpty, Secret Squirrels, 7.62marksman, Wishfull, Smoky bandit, silver, golddiggerart

#90

Dave79
Member
Joined: 30 May 2018
Posts: 328
Member
10 August 2018 07:24 pm

1533889364_rps20180810_182132.jpg
Sounded and ID'd almost identical to a 10c piece.


Prospecting must be like fishing, the big one keeps getting away!

9 users like this post: spoon, The Scrounger, numpty, 7.62marksman, Wishfull, Smoky bandit, silver, Heatho, golddiggerart

#91

The Scrounger
Banned
Joined: 09 April 2018
Posts: 573
Banned
10 August 2018 08:31 pm

You must have dug over 50 holes yikes that is a lot of holes talking from experience glasses and mathematics lol

Only nine carrots poor bugger lol

$20.00 per carrot = party + silver tongue

Super sweet kiss

Last edited by The Scrounger (10 August 2018 08:34 pm)


Don't Expect People to welcome you when your light Shines Brighter Than Theirs - My Happiness reminds people Of Their Misery.

2 users like this post: Wishfull, Dave79

#92

Dave79
Member
Joined: 30 May 2018
Posts: 328
Member
10 August 2018 10:28 pm

I know. Will need at least 9 more carrots to make carrot soup! Certainly had a big night digging to earn them. Half of them were by torchlight in single digit temp.


Prospecting must be like fishing, the big one keeps getting away!

1 user likes this post: The Scrounger

#93

Secret Squirrels
Member
From: Yorke Peninsula, SA
Joined: 12 July 2016
Posts: 755
Member
10 August 2018 11:56 pm

love the way the 3p is throwing the party balloons right next to the rings. tongue good hunting D79, the digging would have kept the chill at bay. thumbsup


GPX 4500/SD 2000/FT 1600/Xterra 505/Equinox 800/Pro Find Pinpointer

1 user likes this post: Dave79

#94

Smoky bandit
Member
Joined: 05 April 2016
Posts: 2,891
Member
11 August 2018 07:38 am

Always exciting when you get there first.Well done thumbsup


No pain No gain..

1 user likes this post: Dave79

#95

silver
Member
Joined: 19 December 2013
Posts: 13,970
Member
11 August 2018 08:23 am

Good onya mate... opportune retrieval ! glasses tongue
thumbsup angel thumbsup
party rainbow


What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

1 user likes this post: Dave79

#96

Heatho
Moderator
From: Sydney, NSW
Joined: 29 April 2013
Posts: 12,502
Moderator
11 August 2018 09:46 am

Nice work, any gold is good gold. thumbsup I got a 7g 18k white gold ring a while back that I thought was 10c as well, nearly walked away from it too but there was a little nagging sound in my head saying dig it. Glad I did. big_smile


Minelab GPX 5000, SDC2300, CTX3030, Equinox 800, patience, lot's of patience.

2 users like this post: Secret Squirrels, Dave79

#97

golddiggerart
Member
From: Frankston , VIC
Joined: 26 May 2014
Posts: 3,336
Member
12 August 2018 12:19 pm

Very nice to score Gold and with a Silver to go with it as well... smile thumbsup


Never give up on your dreams.... They are all worthy of your focus.....

1 user likes this post: Dave79

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site

Top