Tasmaniacs Trash 'N Treasure.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might have been a centre piece for a large pendant. I love finding the older Vic era jewellery, despite not being worth much they still provide a good window into the past on what was typically worn at the time.

The beauty of the Nox is it will ping those coins regardless of the emi. ;) I run it over ground now that i couldn't detect because of underground power. you just need to find the quietest setting and either ignore the noise or run in discrim which cuts out the bulk. :Y:
Dave79 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/12713/1533359712_rps20180804_151223.jpg
Not much luck today, we need more big storms! Dug all the jumpy signals today and while most were trash the coins were all hiding next to trash. The bleepin power lines right on the beach don't help either.

Secret Squirrels said:
The beauty of the Nox is it will ping those coins regardless of the emi. ;) I run it over ground now that i couldn't detect because of underground power. you just need to find the quietest setting and either ignore the noise or run in discrim which cuts out the bulk. :Y:
Dave79 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/12713/1533359712_rps20180804_151223.jpg
Not much luck today, we need more big storms! Dug all the jumpy signals today and while most were trash the coins were all hiding next to trash. The bleepin power lines right on the beach don't help either.
By descrim do you mean silence all the tones except the ID's you are chasing? I have generally been switching to 5 or 10 kHz single freq when the noise drives me crazy but that seems to make smaller targets disappear.

Goldpick said:
Might have been a centre piece for a large pendant. I love finding the older Vic era jewellery, despite not being worth much they still provide a good window into the past on what was typically worn at the time.
Think it might be half a locket, there's half a hinge on the back. Worth nothing but very interesting. Would have been a pretty tough life for a lady on a late 19th century gold field recently hacked out of the bush and a full days travel away from 'civilization '

Yeah Dave, if you do it that way it will generally only chatter when you put the tector down to dig a target or when you rest the coil on the ground. You can also drop the Sens if needed. :Y: Or alternatively clarify (view) the numbers the emi is affecting and shut those numbers down. ;) Doing it the single frequency way works fine but then you have to cover the ground in each freq. :N:
Dave79 said:
Secret Squirrels said:
Dave79 said:
By descrim do you mean silence all the tones except the ID's you are chasing? I have generally been switching to 5 or 10 kHz single freq when the noise drives me crazy but that seems to make smaller targets disappear.

1533887599_rps20180809_153607.jpg

Woo hoo, made it to a fresh cut beach first and got my first little bit of gold! Only 9ct but also a 925 ring and I reckon that was my first 10 dollar day on the spendies too. The only old coin is an English 3p. Never come across one like that before.

You must have dug over 50 holes :eek: that is a lot of holes talking from experience 8) and mathematics :lol:

Only nine carrots poor bugger :lol:

$20.00 per carrot = :party: + silver :p

Super sweet {)

I know. Will need at least 9 more carrots to make carrot soup! Certainly had a big night digging to earn them. Half of them were by torchlight in single digit temp.

Nice find Dave, they are pretty delicate items to clean, the one I found was folded in half and would have been easily mistaken for a bit of scrap copper.

Latest posts