How to do a 40e application on line WA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakergt

Moderating Team
Reaction score
If you have access to mineral titles online log in and select online transactions. This will open up a new page. Then find the I would like to section. I this section go to transactions and select non-title related transactions. This will open a drop down menu and select apply for a section 40e permit to prospect. From here on its as easy as following the directions. Once you put in the tenement ID it will take you to a page where you can select the blocks. At the end of all the required info you can pay the fee via credit card if need be.

Before you start the process make sure you have filled in a 40e application form (known as a form 1a)so you can scan it in. Here is the link for the form

http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/Documents/Mine Form1A.pdf

This has to be saved in PDF format. If you get stuck contact me via private message and I might be able to help you out. The dept of mines are more than helpful also.

You will need to know the following details to complete the form
Exploration licence number
Graticle number and block numbers (obtainable by using the online application process)
The full name and address of the relevant exploration license
Your Western Australian miners right and vehicle registration details. This also includes trailers.
There is room for three aplicants on the form. :)

Awsome shakergt so do you have to get in touch with the lease holders first (as I thought) or just start by submitting the 40e with details

The Mines Dept will contact the EL holder once you submit the 40e. The EL holder then needs to contact you if there are any issues like areas they are actively using machinery that you can't go near etc.
If there is Pastoral Lease then you need to forward the 40e details onto them.
This is what the 21 days is for - to allow the required notification/s & response if any.

The digger and I are planning a trip to Westren Australia in late September..
We want to spend 4-5 weeks in the gold fields before driving to Perth to meet our son when he flies in from Italy around November 8 ..
Will be in Perth 2 weeks while he trains at UNi of WA and competes at Opceania Open, after that we will take a week to leisurely drive home...
Looks like i need to get on tengraph and start searching for some places we can explore when we are there ..
Thats for posting info about how to apply for a 40e ..
:Y:

Latest posts