You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

mbasko
02 August 2016 12:26 am

Ridge Runner wrote:

One of the things that has me thinking is why aren't Customs doing more, The must know where REAL Minelabs come from So surely any would be minelabs coming from any other country should tell them that they are Fake, It's not like Minelab are a tiny company, All the customs people around the world want to do is find Drugs and the like, So when these things flood the market this is as much as their fault as it is the importers.

john.

In many cases I assume individuals buy them from places like Alibaba etc. in small quantities that are sent in plain packaging labelled as gift or similar - not labelled or externally marked as Minelab. Unless they raise a red flag in some other way customs would have no cause to check them. A large shipment would obviously be different.
One bloke I messaged on eBay back awhile ago now ended up admitting he had purchased a few in an effort to flog them on eBay at a big profit. He knew bugger all about detectors/detecting & was caught up in making some quick cash without knowing much if anything about what he was selling - or so he said anyways roll
Just like all the other excuses they use - I got it as a gift, it was given to me for payment of work, my friends next door neighbors Uncle died & they asked me to sell it etc. etc.

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

1 user likes this post: Ridge Runner

mbasko
02 August 2016 12:28 am

Nugget wrote:

If the detector is still up come auction end, who would be interested in participating in a bidding war? I'd be happy to bid up to $100,000 or so lol

I thought about doing that before but knowing my luck I'd end up with the red flag or banned from eBay. For all it's faults it is handy at times.

Ridge Runner
Banned
Banned
02 August 2016 12:44 am

mbasko wrote:
Nugget wrote:

If the detector is still up come auction end, who would be interested in participating in a bidding war? I'd be happy to bid up to $100,000 or so lol

I thought about doing that before but knowing my luck I'd end up with the red flag or banned from eBay. For all it's faults it is handy at times.

Yeah, You and me both, I can't count the times a good deed has back fired on me, It does tend to Sour a person after a while,

Personally I think Ebay and the likes should take the hit because they are allowing people to market the stuff, No doubt they have 10,000 excuses as to why they can't monitor all cases but if any one else tried to use that excuse they would never get away with it. Ebay find ways of getting around things like this just like the have when it comes to paying their Taxes,

But if you are a Day late lodging your Tax return heaven help you. Been There Done That, yikes yikes yikes,

john

Dig em all,

GaryO
02 August 2016 07:43 am

mbasko wrote:
Nugget wrote:

As i mentioned before on a thread here i once bid on a graphics card i won cheaply but the guy wouldnt send it and then reposted it for sale. So i opened a bogus account and blew the other bidders away to win the auction only to just ignore the guy lol.
I cant remember the account details anymore but its easy enough to start another one wink

Current arsenal - Minelab Sovereign xs-2 Pro, Minelab Sterling , Fisher Goldbug2 , Minelab GPX 4500 , Homemade Banker +Yamaha pump.

Tracker
02 August 2016 07:20 pm

Yeah, so I got back to the seller ( after reading his update ), and his private message to me was, that he received this particular detector as 'part payment' for work he did ( for someone ).

I don't think he has any intention of 'pulling the listing' ...

mbasko
02 August 2016 08:18 pm

We can't do much about it unfortunately. It's really up to him or eBay to pull it. All we can do is keep trying to educate people on here & that we know to be careful when purchasing. I wouldn't buy a machine now without first getting details verified by Minelab. If they can't verify anything then I don't buy simple....

3 users like this post: Hard Luck, grubstake, Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner
Banned
Banned
03 August 2016 02:52 am

Although I use other machines, There is a certain amount of pride about owning a minelab and the One I have is a little bit special due to what it is and the fact that I have never seen one like it before, But I still wish I had kept the version I bought new just because, I know what I have spent on ML products and I resent anyone steeling by using the ML brand to defraud people,

John.

Dig em all,

Tracker
04 August 2016 09:48 pm

( I still haven't hit ten posts yet, so can't put up a link ).

So, can someone take a look at the latest on ebay ...

a 'BUY IT NOW' ( or make an offer ) GPX 5000 for $4,500.

Seller joined ebay YESTERDAY !!!

Tracker

vstrom
04 August 2016 11:34 pm

Hi tracker by the looks of font on that minelab it looks genuine.

To search for gold is searching for yourself.

davent
05 August 2016 07:42 am

Hey Tracker, are you Dave from Tennant Creek?

Tracker
05 August 2016 12:06 pm

Nup.
In Sydney.

There are two 5000s at $4,500. on ebay at the moment ...

One has the 'zeros' in '5000' touching, the other has a slight space between the zeros.

Which is which ? ( genuine has the space, I'm thinking ....)

jamie
05 August 2016 12:21 pm

pretty sure i saw that 5000 (ebay link) on facebook this morning for sale

Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett pro pointer, minelab gpx4500, minelab x-terra 305, homemade river sluice, home made high banker, love of the bush and still searching for gold

GaryO
05 August 2016 12:22 pm

Have a look at the first post in this thread Tracker wink

Current arsenal - Minelab Sovereign xs-2 Pro, Minelab Sterling , Fisher Goldbug2 , Minelab GPX 4500 , Homemade Banker +Yamaha pump.

xcvator
24 September 2016 11:57 pm

Does this sound legit to you ?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GPX5000-/142 … SwLnBX5kmJ

Spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can
Trying to use an XP DEUS

mbasko
25 September 2016 12:03 am

xcvator wrote:

Can't see why it's not. As always, if interested, check the serial number etc. with Minelab.

Luke
25 September 2016 09:57 am

How hard would be for Chinamen to buy one original unit and then copied the number couple of times. Just example that checking serial number doesn't mean you safe to buy.
I bought my second hand 5k from an Asian guy in Melbourne, unopened and never registered nearly 3 years old. Everything looked genuine, phone checked the serial number(which didn't helped much, as never registered) even in Miners Den Melbourne told me it's genuine.Everything looked so suspicious.New, unopend, never used for 3 years and the guy was selling it for his brother who lives in Adelaide and apparently couldn't sell it over there. I can tell you I was in doubt until I started finding gold.

Last edited by Luke (25 September 2016 10:08 am)

VLF Garrett AT gold, PI GPX5000

1 user likes this post: Bogger

mbasko
25 September 2016 04:09 pm

Yes if you read through the the thread from the very first post you'll see there are a number of checks you should be doing hence the check the serial number ETC. remark.
Anyone wanting to verify a machine & wants info on what to do should start at the first post not the last!
Anyone taking a risk to buy a machine that they're unsure of right up until they have found gold roll is rolling the dice on their cash. Lucky it turned out ok & not a dud!
READ THROUGH THE THREAD & MAKE ALL OF THE VERIFICATION CHECKS WHERE POSSIBLE.
IF UNSURE PUT YOU MONEY BACK IN YOUR WALLET & KEEP LOOKING.

grubstake
12 November 2017 06:38 pm

A GPX5000 on eBay with a starting price of $150 caught my attention! At least the seller's description is honest, but the next buyer may not be, so I wish he'd just scrap it and get all components off the market forever:

"Gpx 5000 detector parts
Spare parts. Chinese gpx5000. Ordered online kinda works. Picks up large gold and metal. Threshold unstable. Best used as spare parts. 11" coil, padded arm rest, car charger, Chinese wall charger, full battery harness, copy kloss head phone's and battery. Basically straight up copy. Everything included all cords etc. Seeing a battery alone is $400 good price for a spare.
"

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gpx-5000-de … SwXPNaB-47

1510472164_fake_nov-2017a.jpg
1510472164_fake_nov-2017b.jpg

Where it is, there it is.

2 users like this post: Bogger, mbasko

Ded Driver
08 August 2018 11:01 pm

seems that the dodgy GPX 5000's are still coming out of China. Just came across this advertisement (DHgate.com is a fairly well known online mass market/wholesale warehouse operation)
BUYER BEWARE!
1533729647_cheap_chinese_gpx5000.jpg
https://au.dhgate.com/product/wholesale … gJYRvD_BwE

HAHAHAHA IF ONLY WE COULD BUY A GPX5000 FOR $800 !!! yikes

Last edited by Ded Driver (08 August 2018 11:03 pm)

APLA member, ML GPX 4000, ML SD2100, ML Xterra 705 Dual Pack ML GM1000, a map, all sorts of coils & a cupla buckets full of hope & enthusiasm

Ship of fools
09 August 2018 11:05 am

Does it come with a harness?
I would like a harness and a shaft!
Just a handle and ground balance button costs $130.
Control box to battery box lead $60.
For the effort that goes into putting the thing together you would think it would be better than "kinda works"!
Looks like good value for SPARE PARTS!
Matt T

Though I could not caution all, I still might warn a few;
Don't lend your hand to raise no flag atop a Ship Of Fools.

1 user likes this post: Ded Driver

Ded Driver
09 August 2018 12:16 pm

Ship of fools wrote:

Does it come with a harness?
I would like a harness and a shaft!
Just a handle and ground balance button costs $130.
Control box to battery box lead $60.
For the effort that goes into putting the thing together you would think it would be better than "kinda works"!
Looks like good value for SPARE PARTS!
Matt T

That's what I thought. Am wondering how good or bad the battery is!
parts like the LCD screen are possibly much the same as the genuine bit. could be a handy box of shiits n bits

APLA member, ML GPX 4000, ML SD2100, ML Xterra 705 Dual Pack ML GM1000, a map, all sorts of coils & a cupla buckets full of hope & enthusiasm

1 user likes this post: Ship of fools

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site