Garrett AT Pro (International) information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,
whats the numbers 0-99 mean. i think it shows what coins are what. Can someone tell me where gold, coins, ect fall in these numbers.
Also is there any tips or hints.
Just brought one today.
Thanks Ethan

Gold will ring up lots of different numbers depending on it's size, shape etc. EG, a standard 9ct men's wedding ring is a 53 on my At Pro... the same as a pull tab unfortunately. Smaller gold chains etc can ring up as iron.

Here is a post with info on the numbers. https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=159

PS. Welcome to detecting and the forum.

The numbers are the target i.d numbers and relate to conductivity. Run the machine in pro mode from the start and it will help you dig less trash once you get used to listening to the differences in the tones different objects make. After a while you can guess what the target might be by the i.d number but it isnt an exact science.

Hi Ethan,

If I have followed correctly you were looking to find gold in its natural state (nuggets). The best pieces of advice I can give particular to that search and your machine is that the numbers you will be looking for will fall (roughly) between iron junk and tinfoil/modernpulltab. looking at the chart Ramjet provided the link to this should give you some indication of the numbers you are looking for.

The other option you have is to buy a small nugget and do some testing.

The AT will be much more suited to coins and treasure however but best of luck.

hi oldgt,
thanks for your advice. im just going to dig everything beeps until i learn it better. this is just a hobby and cant justify a brand new detector unless i find something big. Thanks everyone for there help

Just finished a job down your way last week, had the stars aligned I would have met up for a swing. The park near the old bluestone PO looked good, haven't been out on the coins for a couple weeks.

OldGT said:
I tried using a 1 gram nugget and it couldnt find it.
I also tried a half gram lead shot and it couldnt find that either.
At a depth of almost zero

moeee said:
OldGT said:
I tried using a 1 gram nugget and it couldnt find it.
I also tried a half gram lead shot and it couldnt find that either.
At a depth of almost zero

I have a few little nuggies and the At Pro doesn't pick them up.

Just bought a new Garrett AP Pro International. Just learning how to use it, but so far it's great. Tried it in the back yard around the cloths line and found $8 in coins along with some other junk, ring pulls and bottle tops. I cant believe how far down they were into the ground ..ie 250 -300 mm. Thought for a while I would not have to leave home, but the coins dried up. Low tide at Mornington today at 11.30 am. Having a go on the beach for the first time. Rds L Jay.

You are now tragically addicted to this
hobby now unfortunately. :skull:

Before long, You will have an incurable
urge to gather equipment, Hunt down other
like minded people, And collect things.

Welcome to our world. :rainbow:

Above all, Carry respect, and fill your holes in.

Do not dig in Sports fields,
Most important to enjoy yourself.

The hobby is totally incurable I assure you. :awful: :8 :playful: :sunny:

Sounds like you're on a roll Ljay. Good luck down the beach, great day for it too :Y:

Latest posts