New V5.1 software update

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldpick

Chris Johnson
Reaction score
If you haven't already found out on using V5.0, I have been having a fair few dropouts when switching back and forth with the Mi-6 wireless pinpointer and the Deus. Didn't have too many issues on the second outing, though all the same I still have a couple of dropouts during the day. The latest update has specifically been released to deal with these issues, so hopefully smooth sailing from here on in.

Here is the note added to the update page:

NOTE: 02/08/2018 Theversion 5.1 improve the connectivity between DEUS and the MI-6 Pinpointer as well as the connection speed.

Will try an update to 5.1 tonight, as 5.0 is near unusable with my Mi-6 in wireless mode - all sorts of communication issues going on during my most recent outing.

Haven't been out yet thanks to the weathe , will try to get out tomorrow sometime to see how 5.1 goes.

Interestingly when I upgraded to 5.1 it asked to make sure that my 9" and my 13" black coils were connected so they could be updated, but it didn't want to know about the HF coil, so I can only assume that the HF coils are already 5.1 compliant.

Ran the V5.1 update today, glad to say that it has cured all of the issues with the wireless MI-6 changeover. :party:

Goldpick said:
Ran the V5.1 update today, glad to say that it has cured all of the issues with the wireless MI-6 changeover. :party:

SO 5.1 is good to go! Are you ordering X35? :eek:

I just downloaded it. But XP website says V5 update. Is this the right one? What if I have another HF coil. Does it updates all ok?
I don`t think there are way to check coil FW version????

I am currently V4.1 yes after connecting and disconnecting to MI-6 Coil fails to reconnect sometimes or takes long time to reconnect... You would not know this is you have set Iron volume ZERO.just detecting without any target for a long time!

So V5.1 is better than V4.1 with pinpointer?

caparobertsan said:
I just downloaded it. But XP website says V5 update. Is this the right one? What if I have another HF coil. Does it updates all ok?
I don`t think there are way to check coil FW version????

V5 from XP also contains V5.1. Mine updated just fine and it didn't want to know about the HF coils, only the black coils. V5.1 is really only of benefit to you if you also have the MI6 PP

Capa, if you are having connectivity issues with the Mi-6 on V4.1, then yes, upgrade to V5.0 (which is actually the newer 5.1).

Updated to 5-1, have used PP and HP coil for about 9 hours. Absolutely no drop outs.
Now I,m happy'''' :) :Y: