You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

undertaker
21 April 2014 07:10 pm

Fantastic! Thanks for constructing that Google Map

Jukebox
11 July 2014 10:25 am

Hi guyz,

With the mapping tool - do the locations show an exact point or an area that I can access if it is government land?

For an example the Turon river area - whats the deal with that?

Jukebox

mbasko
11 July 2014 11:02 am

The map shows possible areas as close as possible but probably not exact points. As stated they were collected from multiple sources & even marked from old maps using a point as close as possible but not having exact coordinates they are approximate only as stated. Some areas will say whether they are accessible, unknown or not accessible. As always you need to research areas yourself & be satisfied you are entering onto land that is ok to access & fossick on.
The points marked around the Turon are approximate but should get you very close if following Google navigation. As far as I am aware the areas are mostly still accessible, crown land that you can fossick on. There are numerous areas along the Turon you can access & also numerous areas you can't but its pretty simple - gate/fence/keep out signs = no entry. smile

Last edited by mbasko (11 July 2014 11:13 am)

Jukebox
11 July 2014 11:27 am

Hello mbasko,

Yeh thats what i thought about the map – its really good thanks,

My next logical question was - so fossicking on crown land which does not have a lease or licensee with exclusive possession is legal where ever.

I have read all the documents saying where you cant and the laws and rules but there doesn’t seem to be much information as to where you can?

Can you link me the rules of crown land – i have read the handbook, fossickers guide etc i just need to know ..........any crown land can i fossick on?

Last edited by Jukebox (11 July 2014 11:28 am)

mbasko
11 July 2014 11:53 am

Pretty hard question to answer. Unmanaged crown land is no worries to fossick on - managed crown land you still need permission of the manager whether that be a lease holder, Local Land Services (for TSR's), Common Lands Trust, Local Council etc. etc. This is where it gets tricky, finding crown land status & who manages it is a long, drawn out process & can even cost you $$$'s for title searches that may not even answer your questions!
I find it best to check out areas you know are ok for fossicking such as along the Turon, Stuart Town Common, Tambaroora (Hill End) etc. then broaden your search once in the area. You will soon work out where you can & can't go once in a specific area. My rule of thumb if its fenced off I don't go in unless 100% sure.
State Forests are probably the best source of crown land available & for $27.50 a year you can explore the whole state of NSW forests.

Jukebox
11 July 2014 02:03 pm

Yeh i have purchased the fossicking permit already big_smile

oh btw I work within the property valuation/risk industry i can find out owners of public land very easily nd cheap.

Thx for the help.

big_smile

mbasko
11 July 2014 03:48 pm

Jukebox wrote:

Yeh i have purchased the fossicking permit already big_smile

oh btw I work within the property valuation/risk industry i can find out owners of public land very easily nd cheap.

Thx for the help.

big_smile

Well you've got a head start on most of us. smile
Public Recreation Reserves are another good crown land area to investigate although some will have day use and/or camping fees like for example Mookerawa Waters http://www.mookerawawaters.com.au/. There are a few of these type of areas around Central NSW.
Commons can be hit & miss. Some openly allow fossicking, some do but don't advertise the fact & others just plain don't like having people from outside of the Commoners area being there for any reason.
I have found getting access to TSR's a fairly painless task. Local Land Services will give a permit for specific TSR's free of charge but wouldn't issue me a blanket one for my area. Their concern is livestock that may be on there & giving notice to livestock owners + nearby properties of "other activities" out of courtesy.

Jukebox
11 July 2014 06:55 pm

mmmmmm i see,

Yeh i have been looking up places that you pay for the night to stay at and they let you fossick.

I will advise how i went this weekend getting access to the Turon area.

Need to get outa Sydney for the weekend tongue

Thx for everything its been a really big help.

Jukebox

gedanate
04 March 2015 09:17 am

gavfromoz wrote:

the floggings will continue until morale improves

Nice quote. I remember that from the Buyers section of a big company that used to be based in Yennora about 20 years ago. Is that where you got it? :-)

goldenboy
20 July 2015 05:37 pm

hi mbasco you are to be congratulated for your great post on the gold locations,this gives you a starting point and it will save a lot of time with this info, then it's up to the individual to do their homework and get stuck into it. cheers goldenboy

smaug
27 March 2016 04:05 pm

Awesome map cheers for the heads up

askmeagain
13 February 2017 01:44 pm

Is the map still available, the link takes me to a clean map of NSW.

GPX 4500 12" Evolution Nugget Finder, SDC2300
When you turned left you should have turned right.

Balmain Bob
13 February 2017 03:24 pm

The link works for me.

GPX4500, SDC 2300 owner,X-Terra 705 Dual Pack owner, Garret SS Sand scoop, Minelab Koss UR30 headphones, Garret Edge Digger, Minelab pinpointer

cml
18 February 2017 01:57 pm

Thanks for the effort, mbasco, this is a useful tool.

Hesit8or
02 August 2018 04:13 am

Neat Map Thanks

Minelab Gofind 20, Minelab Golden Hawk, Minelab Eureca Gold with 15" Coiltec Goldseeker, XP Deus HF Elliptical coil, RCWS4, WS5.

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site