Bush Users Group United

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any one from any state that can get there should try and go to one of these rallies.
They are not just trying to lock out Victorian residents from the bush , but all of us regardless of where we live.

We do not have time to sit on the fence waiting..they have singled out and are targeting prospectors to justify their actions. Vic Gov ,Greens and other special interest groups are out to shut us out of as much land as they can as quickly as they can and as quietly as they can.
1531268881_8326fc74-0c24-4822-8b1f-316ce1d6a662.jpg

Youncan read the full text at this link ....
https://vnpa.org.au/wp-content/uplo...-for-the-Dja-Dja-Wurrung-Parks-29June2018.pdf

If I don't make it to Avoca I'll be at Bendigo as for the Melbourne rally I'll have to wait and see Wednesdays are difficult due to work commitments.

Unfortunately I live around four hrs away and cant make any of them. What I shall be doing and see it as being just as an effective way ( if many do it)is sending an e-mail or writing a letter to the sitting members in the relevant electorates. These plans are just totally ludicrous without any basis on fact apart from appeasing vocal dogooder minority groups. :mad:

Don't forget everyone, if there are any Petitions still out there they have to be back at Louise Staley Office by no later than this Thursday 19th July. Address is on the bottom of the form
wombat ;)

Avoca was another successful Rally where we saw about 200 turning up. For some people this was their first Rally. For others their 3rd. At this Rally we had people from SA and NSW there. Our Speakers for this Rally were Louise Staley - MP for Ripon, still advicating that she and her party do not want any more State or National Parks for Victoria. Jo Armstrong - National candidate for the Upper House of Parliament, backing Louise Staley's case and saying they are right behind us all the way. Olly Oleszek - PMAV President, put the prospectors and miners point a view forward and saying he has contacted the Andrews Government and Lily D' Ambrosio of DELWP for their response to these proposed parks. But he has not received one reply. Ron Eason - representing the local traders of Avoca & Councillor for the Pyrenees Shire, saying the Shire does not want anymore Parks in the region. He was saying, "Why try and fix something that is not broken, and the Shire is more than happy the way things are". (the Pyrenees Shire has the Mount Cole & Pyrenees Rangers State Forest in their region.) And John Gladdis local prospector and owner of Coiltek Gold Center Maryborough explaining what his thoughts were in regards to the Dja Dja Wurrung Dratf report and how it will effect us and prospecting in general.. The Rally lasted for almost an hour and raised $630.05 for our fighting fund. Our next Rally will be in Bendigo on Saturday 4th. August starting at 11am in the "Queens Park" near the Alexandra Fountain in the main St. And then the "BIG ONE" in Melb. on the steps of Parliament House on Wednesday the 8th. August at 1pm. We need a big crowed there to get our point across. This one will either make us or break us. We are having NSW joining us on this one. So please make an effort to get to this one as we need your support. "Help us to Help You"
wombat ;)

I attended the Bendigo rally today and would like to thank Wombat, PMAV and all the other Bush User Groups for their commitment regarding our access to our Public Land. The rally was informative with members of parliament and candidates speaking to the crowd of 200 to 300 people.

The main message from the rally is for each and every one of us to contact our local members and candidates and find out what their commitment is to our access and let them know we aren't prepared to give up any of our current access. The more we let them know from each and every one of us the better our future will be, once its gone there's no going back. I spoke with a few people after the rally and the member from the Shooters and Fisher's party explaining if the outcome goes against us there are real issues regarding Mental Health that will impact individuals and communities affected by the proposed bans. Mental Health issues are a real side effect that could be triggered by these proposals should they be made law. If a small town community looses income and job loses occur mental health issues will arise from these examples. I chose this hobby as a mental health release from my normal day today grind of life and work commitments and I certainly don't want to loose any access to public land that I already have access to.

Our next Rally is in Melbourne. This one will either make us our break us. This is the one that we tell the Politicians "Hands of our Bush" and enough is enough. But to do this we need numbers there. Not just a few hundred but a 1000 or more to really get our point across. Remember we are not only fighting for our selves but also for the people that will come after us , when we go. So tell your family and friends, tell your work mates. Tell everyone you know, they have to be at the Melbourne if they want to keep the bush free for future generations to come.
wombat ;)