Metal Detector advice High end over ~ $3000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm watching Aussie Geeeez Hunters and seeing gold recovery from an atx pi and wondering should I put the sdc away for a bit.
Are the atx deeper or are pi units generally the same with depth.

I wouldn't compare an ATX to a SDC.
SDC is primarily made/used for its sensitivity to small gold in mineralised ground- it is better in this regard than the ATX.
The ATX is more comparable to a GPX for depth etc. & IMO you would be better off with a GPX4500 for similar cost. It's heavy too - to me feels similar to a GPZ on the arm. A better lightweight option could be a QED?

Gem in I said:
i'm watching Aussie Geeeez Hunters and seeing gold recovery from an atx pi and wondering should I put the sdc away for a bit.
Are the atx deeper or are pi units generally the same with depth.

Oh boy is there a story behind that atx. All I can say on that is dont trust what you see on television. If you pay a visit to the gypsies camp you will see a collection of minelab gear and a green brromstick with a tale behind it

Wish I could say I haven't had my machines back in under warranty but unfortunately it happened on my biggest ones first go.
Is that close to what you mean nuggz ?

Was doing some basic training with 2 newbies as they are having problems with the NOX 800 = they can not find much and how can they pay off the detector in a few weeks ?

One wanted to know if they should go after gold as lots of people making big dollars ?

They kept coming back to FB posts and Aussie Diggers etc

I saw it on a reality TV show and lots on FB groups = Must be true

The more I see, the more i fear for the future.

AngerManagement said:
Was doing some basic training with 2 newbies as they are having problems with the NOX 800 = they can not find much and how can they pay off the detector in a few weeks ?

One wanted to know if they should go after gold as lots of people making big dollars ?

sighhhhhh, you are so right AM, it may be a lost world we live in. SO MANY people, young (& some a bit older), are losing touch with the real world!

Gem in I said:
Wish I could say I haven't had my machines back in under warranty but unfortunately it happened on my biggest ones first go.
Is that close to what you mean nuggz ?

No mate, im talking specifically about the tv show and .....( I wrote a whole paragraph here but deleted it , too much insider info)

AngerManagement said:

I always pay my treasure detectors off quickly, mainly because I'm in a very busy part of Australia and secondly because I put in a lot of time detecting. I don't try to pay them off, it just happens eventually. :p

Newbies will always be getting frustrated at anything if they don't explore and research.

It concerns me as well. Saw a couple last weekend who just purchased a GPZ with all the extras.
They were worried they were not finding any gold to make the next payment on the detector.

Again saw it on TV people finding lots of gold. I pointed out the reality TV was based in WA not GT.

Felt sorry for the guys. Sold a dream and paying for it!

Is it a case of the Darwinian evolutionary theory?

HH

I had a customer try to return a steelPHASE enhancer because, in his words, "didn't live up to expectations". I think he was under the illusion that gold would basically just jump out of the ground for him.

Unfortunately in this day of instant gratification and multiple levels of consumer rights, no one wants to put in the hard yards and actually work on something, or accept any responsibility for their own shortcomings.

No wonder I'm becoming a grumpy old man lol.

ps I sold the enhancer at a slightly reduced price and gave him the money (something he could have done quite easily himself).

AngerManagement said:

these are the folk that get frustrated and treat the ecology like crap, make a mess and don't care , all for bloody money :(

tell em maybe it's not for them ;)

facebook sux :Y:

only when view by rosie coloured greedy glasses

just today i saw the product of the new wave, get rich quick, crap holes everywhere 8.( 8.( 8.(

Off topic but some similarities.

"AN UNFORTUNATE investor who took out a six-figure loan to purchase cryptocurrencies that have since lost 85 per cent of their value says he hopes his story can be a "lesson" to others."

https://www.gladstoneobserver.com.a...-out-127000-loan-to-buy-cryptocurren/3493077/

I've been watching Aussie Gold Hunters Series 3, and even though I have been prospecting for about 9 years now, I can't see how the show would leave anyone with the impression that getting gold is easy, and that riches are any more than a distant possibility for a beginner. Some of those crews have spent serious money on their set ups, and still find it hard to get a decent return. All of them appear to have years of experience as well.

One of my daughters works in a news agent and tells me that she can't believe how much money people spend on lotto tickets, particularly when there is a big jackpot on offer.

To tell the truth, I have a ticket in the $100 million draw tonight, but not an expensive one.

nesral said:
Since the steelPHASE enhancer was mentioned ..... is it of any benefit on an ATX ?

Most definitely. A dealer in Qld has been using one on his ATX and is very impressed. There will be more info coming out about that soon.

edit** you will need an adapter to convert the headphone socket to a standard 1/4" headphone jack.

We started not long before the t.v show began and had committed ourselves already. I met vernin.s about a year ago and he said the same as anger managements post, it was getting crazy from his end also with the amount of people rocking up to his leases. With gold in their veins but mercury on the brains I suppose.

My research was very limited in the beginning it wasn't until getting on the ground I realised I could have just as easily turned left and gone to one company or right and gone the other way so now I am trying to utilise the best advantage for me from both companies.
Lol dr.D yes I can put 100mill links on positive and negative for cryptos but I spose the moral/general rule of thumb similarities with most of the posts is don't invest what you can't afford to lose :Y:
Great question nesral :Y:

SteelPat said:
nesral said:
Since the steelPHASE enhancer was mentioned ..... is it of any benefit on an ATX ?

Most definitely. A dealer in Qld has been using one on his ATX and is very impressed. There will be more info coming out about that soon.

edit** you will need an adapter to convert the headphone socket to a standard 1/4" headphone jack.

That will be interesting viewing .... adaptor obtained.

Latest posts