Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmcdonald12 said:
I bought a minelab 4500 today at camping show can't wait to give a go tomorrow in yard. Also a NF coil woo woo woooooo gold 8)
Hope your not in a town or city because your new machine will go nuts from emi. I did the same thing when I first got mine. I could not get it to behave at all.

Today I bought a fantastic little bag to put over my Foot Valve strainer to keep all those tiny particles out of the suction from the creek.

It is a really strong Laundry bag from Aldi, and there's 2 in the pack. A large and small, and the small one is plenty big enough for my strainer.

I currently use Flyscreen, but this will be better, and it is easy to put on and take of because it has a zip. I have to tie my flyscreen on.
And these bags are fully washable.

Comes in black or white. I got black.

Trimat laundry Bags - Aldi - $2.99 thumbsup

Bra not included :D

1532869566_laundry-bags.jpg

I got the 3 kg one..I think it's the same size as yours well over a year ago and its tumbled many many kilos of coins
And still going strong. :Y:

Smoky bandit said:
I got the 3 kg one..I think it's the same size as yours well over a year ago and its tumbled many many kilos of coins
And still going strong. :Y:
So what is your preferred method. I just did a batch for 30min with little to no difference but clean of debris. Had a good laugh when emptying the container, little balls everywhere. Said to be Stainless Steel. I picked them up with a magnet lol.

At leas an hour with a table spoon of borax
Depending on how dirty they are...plus change the water and add more borax if its muddy..Mine are stainless steel shot..But I payed $140 for mine

Dave law said:
Had a good laugh when emptying the container, little balls everywhere. Said to be Stainless Steel. I picked them up with a magnet lol.

Generally any of the 400 series of stainless steel will be magnetic as they are free of Austenite. The 300 grades will be generally austenitic, therefore not ferromagnetic.

i shouted myself a new pin pointer cos i have had enough of the old one but i will fix it up when i get around to it , i have had the old one for 7 or 8 years so thats not to bad .also bought a little cheap "cottage spade " which i am going to butcher with the angle grinder . was going to get some stainless steel and make a digger but because someone rolled a fuel tanker over i could not get near where i wanted to go for material so maybe next trip i will get the steel .
johno
1533026537_20180731_182948_resized.jpg

10" mate was going to buy the the even bigger one they had think it was 360mm but decided on this one . i was actually after a cimeter but they never had any .
oh yeah its stainless and was held on the display board with a magnet .
i do a lot of meat cutting here cos i mince 2 or 3 whole beef rumps every week for burger patties with that and my new sausage machine its going to see plenty of use.
johno

Latest posts