lead core fishing line

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
have any of you fisho's used lead core fishing line ,,, for trolling,,, the info on the box indicates that the line will sink to the depth where the fish hang out it colour coded in 10 yard lenghts to help you determine depth what problems are you like to encounter no casting its for trolling what knots does the spool size effect the lead core egg beater or just bait casters only does it tangle like macrame twine?? its not cheap line so any info would be welcome amongst us fisho's

Sorry havent used it but I think it would only be good on a centre pin reel..With the weight of the line you would need to use a heavier rod..Down riggers seem all the go nowadays..What fish are you after?

yes mate have used it on a centre pin reel ony doesnt work too well on other reels Used to sell a lot when i had my tackle shop
iamagoldenoldie2 said:
have any of you fisho's used lead core fishing line ,,, for trolling,,, the info on the box indicates that the line will sink to the depth where the fish hang out it colour coded in 10 yard lenghts to help you determine depth what problems are you like to encounter no casting its for trolling what knots does the spool size effect the lead core egg beater or just bait casters only does it tangle like macrame twine?? its not cheap line so any info would be welcome amongst us fisho's

fish species being chased are all freshwater .... trout ... bass ....redfin.... cod ... carp???? found out the hard way not too good on the bait caster spool is to thin so dug out the patience killer the fly rod bought every twig & bit of grass but no fish THAT CASTING IS AN ART but I will be trolling so the promo stufff ,,,like it will get to where the fish hang out,,,, well this weekend will be the test at Lake Lyall Near lithgow

the lead core fishing line definitely sinks but alas, no bites on several lures just trolling along , but did come across another fisho. he caught about 40 redfin, on what he called an ice lure the ones with the hook either end and a treble in the middle just lifting like a slow jigging action, well hows that
learn something new everyday 40 redfin definitely worked on the day

Latest posts